Challenge Cup: Saints v Huddersfield

Straightmute

drummergurl said:
Yes we did Mr. Fishsta, we forgot it all on the next post. I apologise immensly. Wigan has that many pie shops though, and apparently in Wigan you have pie kebabs too. Has my spelling and punctuation done any better in this post?

Immensely :D

lynchie

Fishsta said:
No, I haven't had a pie for a long time, I had a steak pasty today, however.

Greggs was it? Got to love those steak bakes! :D

Sorry to go off topic, I just don't have much of an opinion on the silly girly game, or the even sillier girly bitching... :wink:

rutty

Fishsta said:
So... tonight's match. That was an interesting result, wasn't it...

Yes it was! Bradford were lucky to get the draw at the end there. Warrington are a better side than results have suggested - Briers is a cracking player but they need a sturdier defense.

Should be a good season this year - not just for the "Big Four". :)

neiltwist

rutty said:
Yes it was! Bradford were lucky to get the draw at the end there. Warrington are a better side than results have suggested - Briers is a cracking player but they need a sturdier defense.

Should be a good season this year - not just for the "Big Four". :)

if only briers hadn't missed 4 conversions...

Andy Moore

What do people think to Friday? (Saints v Leeds)

As sure as I am that Saints are going to win, a 7 point lead at the top of the Super League for Leeds if they win, is a bit scary after just 9 games.

Does no-one else feel Wigan constantly stand infront of the referee, clearly offside?

i think leeds will start to go down hill now. No offence to any leeds supporters, but i find it highly unlikely that they'll be able to maintain their winning streak so they'll start to screw up now. It's destiny! :lol:

neiltwist

unfortunately I don't think it's just wigan that stand in front of the ref, and as for leeds, I say good luck, maybe if they have a bad patch in the middle of the season they'll sort themselves out in time for the end and play some good rugby in the playoffs!

rutty

neiltwist said:
unfortunately I don't think it's just wigan that stand in front of the ref, and as for leeds, I say good luck, maybe if they have a bad patch in the middle of the season they'll sort themselves out in time for the end and play some good rugby in the playoffs!

Leeds do the same thing every season - start off like a train and tail off near the end when the form is more important. :(

Still, it should be a good game on Friday. Sinfield is back for Leeds, maybe playing as Hooker, but that's good news for the Rhinos. I'm going for a narrow Leeds victory, though if I was to pay attention to Sean Long's betting habits it may be a bit of a thrashing :)

drummergurl

hahahahaha, hope you pie eaters were watching! and as for leeds!!!

we saw you sneaking out!!!!! top of the league???? your having a laf!

Fishsta

What the hell was wrong with Leeds tonight? This wasn't the same team that has been playing so well this season. They didn't keep possession, they basically played like Bradford did against Warrington the other night. And as any Rugby player would know, you can't win if you don't keep hold of the ball.

Hey, Neil... does watching Rugby League ever make you want to go back playing?

It certainly does me. I'd love to get back into the Saturday afternoons with the local amateur team. Anybody considering playing amateur RL should just go and do it. After a few weeks of hard training, and getting out into your first match, there's nothing quite like running the ball in and taking the tackle, or executing a text book tackle on someone larger than yourself (with my size, that's most Rugby players!).

Anyway, as for the Challenge Cup Final, Wigan are still the team Saints haven't beaten yet, there's all to play for. I remain hungry and excited for a day of first class Rugby League. Provided Saints keep their arms down, of course. (Joynt was having a bit of a laugh tonight with those high shots he kept making!)

neiltwist

Fishsta said:

every game! You know how it is.

I'm just glad I'm not out there receving all the pain!

Andy Moore

Fishsta said:
What the hell was wrong with Leeds tonight?

They were playing against Saints

Fishsta said:
Joynt was having a bit of a laugh tonight with those high shots he kept making

I don't think Joynt knows where he is most of the time, he's a good lad though.

Fishsta

neiltwist said:
Fishsta said:

I don't know about you, but I loved it..... it was the best stress relief I ever had, might have to see if I can get to Blackpool 7's later this month!

I doubt it though, I'm out of shape, don't think I could stand the pace of 7s for 10-15 minutes.

neiltwist

Fishsta said:
neiltwist said:
Fishsta said:

I don't know about you, but I loved it..... it was the best stress relief I ever had,

yeah, until i received a fist to the mouth and couldn't play brass for half a month.

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.