Challenge Cup: Saints v Huddersfield

Fishsta

drummergurl said:
u havent half got some harsh words!! and i must say who was rated the worlds best hooker??? ooooo let me see keiron cunningham! i havent seen ur man wots his name terry newt, whens he been classed as the worlds best hooker???

oh and get some lessons in maths, the number system goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. got it??

lam is injured, long isnt. get ur facts right, it seems to me that lam is the bloodclot and long is class.

oh and andy "is a ****er" farrell, im sure he started the fight in the last match with saints. and farrell hasnt been man of steel about 5 times in a row that i know of, so, i think sculthorpe is a better player. and guess what, saints are the better team overall, i mean look at this season, who was BEATEN by HUDDERSFIELD???? WIGAN!!!!! who did ST HELENS BEAT today very convincingly??? HUDDERSFIELD!!! where are wigan in the table??? 9th. where are saints??? 2nd

i rest my case in that st helens are in fact the better team

Oh, deary me. I'd hate to pick holes in this post!

1) Cunningham may have been voted "Britain's best hooker", but certainly not the "World's best". But that counts for nothing if Terry Newton consistently beats him in the hooking department. Which he does. Sorry.

2) The number system does indeed start at 1 and progress through 10, but you obviously hadn't noticed that I was listing the numbers of the key positions, 1 being Full Back, 6 being Stand-off, 7 is Scrum-Half etc. Could you tell me the official name of the position for number 8? Or indeed number 2? Go on...

3) Lam WAS injured. Lam now isn't. In case you hadn't noticed, Long was injured last week. Or was he? I haven't even mentioned the under-strength team you put out against the Bulls, or even the betting allegations. But I could if you like.

4) The fight? The fight was started by Wilkin when he thumped Newton. When Newton responded and Wild tried to pull them apart, your man Feuanati ran in and thumped Wild for no reason. This is why Feuanati has a ban. At this point, Farrell joined in, at the same time as Paul Sculthorpe, with the aim of defending their team-mates. So now that you've had that little refresher, could you tell me where you get that "Farrell started it"? And Sculthorpe was Man of Steel twice. That's all.

5) You might think Saints are the better team, but I put it to you that we had several key players out when we played Huddersfield, including Carney, Farrell and Lam. The better team will be shown by who wins the Challenge Cup Final. Seeing as we are supposedly the poorer team, why didn't you beat us when you had the chance?

6) Capital letters at the start of sentences are your friend. Use them.

7) Grammar and spelling also never did anyone any harm.

8 ) Punctuation is good, but too much of it detracts from your point.

rutty

Bah! As a Rhinos fan I'm finding this really hard to say but.......

I really hope that Wigan win in the final.

There. I've said it. Historically, Wigan are the most successful team in the history of the game, and Leeds' worst enemies, but I'd prefer them to win over Saints. The fact that they sent out the reserves against Bradford was nothing short of disgraceful, and that thing about the betting? Well, someone needs to get brought down a peg or too, and even though Wigan aren't the team they once were, I think they can pull it off.

Still, Leeds have still got that 100% record in the league, which they'll no doubt mess up by the end of the season, and play like donkeys in the play offs :(

strongbow

rutty said:
Bah! As a Rhinos fan I'm finding this really hard to say but.......

I really hope that Wigan win in the final.

There. I've said it. Historically, Wigan are the most successful team in the history of the game, and Leeds' worst enemies, but I'd prefer them to win over Saints. The fact that they sent out the reserves against Bradford was nothing short of disgraceful, and that thing about the betting? Well, someone needs to get brought down a peg or too, and even though Wigan aren't the team they once were, I think they can pull it off.

Still, Leeds have still got that 100% record in the league, which they'll no doubt mess up by the end of the season, and play like donkeys in the play offs :(

My sentiments exactly! As a Leeds fan I'll be in Cardiff shouting for Wigan and if my usual luck holds out I'll be in the Saint's end

drummergurl

mr fishsta, i really pity you, and u are in fact not worth arguing with, so why dont u go back to ur pies, and i might be able to concentrate on my coursework, which your ranting is destracting me from.

Andy Moore

Please don't comment on my English, I won't comment on yours.

How can Wigan exect to beat the mighty Saints when we've already beaten EVERY good team in the Super League to get there.

Without counting Bradford which was a shambles of a game, Saints are still unbeaten this season.

Ah well, maybe there's still chance for Wigan to avoid relegation.

Fishsta

drummergurl said:
mr fishsta, i really pity you, and u are in fact not worth arguing with, so why dont u go back to ur pies, and i might be able to concentrate on my coursework, which your ranting is destracting me from.

Your logic baffles me. I post on a brass band forum about Rugby League, and you can't do your coursework because of it? Are you easily distracted?

I hope you write your coursework with better English than your last post, there's usually about 10% of the mark for spelling and presentation. ;)

Andy Moore said:
Please don't comment on my English, I won't comment on yours.

I wasn't going to. Yours is pretty good, it seems.

Andy Moore said:
How can Wigan exect to beat the mighty Saints when we've already beaten EVERY good team in the Super League to get there.

You haven't beaten Wigan yet.

Fishsta

rutty said:
Historically, Wigan are the most successful team in the history of the game, and Leeds' worst enemies, (

It seems we're everyone's worst enemies...

But I would have thought Bradford would have been your worst enemies? Is it really so that you consider Wigan to hold that accolade?

Danny_L

I'm a Saints fan, and I've just been laughing at the way people have been writing us off in this thread. We deserve to win this cup more than Wigan with the bloody hard cup run we've had (for a change!!).

...and to the person who was pairing our teams off player by player and comparing them, take into account the occasion...it's the biggest club cup final in the world, between two of rugby's oldest rival, I think every single man of those 26 players out on that pitch will be up for it.

....and how the hell can you write Longy off??? The man is pure class. Those tries that he set up on Sunday we're top drawer, he has done that in the big games before and is well capable of doing it again, like say in a few weeks time. Not that Wigan haven't got players of the same calibre!!

All in all, it should make for a really interesting game, I really hope we win, obviously!...and just hope it's doesn't go easily either way, because it could. Hopefully it will be another classic like the '96 (i think? Correct me if I've got that wrong) final when we just about got the better of those Bulls with the legend that is Goulding on form....what a game!! Hopefully this will be similar game with the same sort of outcome!

(Just a blimmin' shame we've had our biggest ever concert booked on the same bloody day of the final at Liverpool Cathedral for ages....I had to pass up a ticket to Cardiff!!....hurrumph :? )

Fishsta

That's got to be one of the best replies so far... well done!

I disagree with your statement that Saints deserve to win, though... Whoever plays better and fairer on the day will deserve to win.

With all the controversy, it's very easy to say that Saints deserve to have points taken off them like last season, or that the players involved should face lengthy bans, and certainly very easy to say that Saints deserve to win nothing this year.

But I won't, I just hope we have a good final, no controversy, just an occasion of fast, flowing, action-packed Rugby, the kind that only Rugby League, the world's greatest sport, can produce.

rutty

Fishsta said:
rutty said:
Historically, Wigan are the most successful team in the history of the game, and Leeds' worst enemies, (

It seems we're everyone's worst enemies...

But I would have thought Bradford would have been your worst enemies? Is it really so that you consider Wigan to hold that accolade?

I personally don't hate any team, but I'm of the age when Wigan were winning everything and Leeds were the nearly boys (80s - David Ward days) - so for me, Wigan are the big enemy.

I've never really thought of the Bulls as anything other than that inferior team to the West... ;)

Honestly, from form this season I think that Saints will win it, and as both teams are from the wrong side of the Pennines it's difficult for me to form a favourite, but for some twisted reason I'd like Wigan to win.

Saints are getting a bit big for their oversized boots, and I for one would like the Wigan youngsters to slap them down. Warriors have the prospects of a fine team there and their form in the cup has shown that, rather than the sloppy start to the league.

Either way, good luck to both teams - I'll be watching the game on my TV wishing my team was there instead.

drummergurl

Ok Mr Fishsta, are you being pedantic with spellings and English grammar?
Well I hope this is better written to suit you. By the way did you go and eat your pie the other night?

Fishsta

drummergurl said:
Ok Mr Fishsta, are you being pedantic with spellings and English grammar?
Well I hope this is better written to suit you. By the way did you go and eat your pie the other night?

There should be a comma after "OK", a full stop after "Mr", a comma after "Well" and a comma after "By the way". But I would have let them pass. Otherwise, that is much improved.

No, I haven't had a pie for a long time, I had a steak pasty today, however.

The funny thing is, if you go to Wigan, not many people are eating pies. The last time I was in St. Helen's, there was an abundance of people eating pies.

That really makes you think, doesn't it...

So... tonight's match. That was an interesting result, wasn't it...

drummergurl

Yes we did Mr. Fishsta, we forgot it all on the next post. I apologise immensly. Wigan has that many pie shops though, and apparently in Wigan you have pie kebabs too. Has my spelling and punctuation done any better in this post?

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.