Challenge Cup Final : Wigan Warriors v St Helens

Who do you think will win ?


  • Total voters
    36

hornblower

Member
loses finals????? think if you added them up we've won more than anyone! It was a good game and of course i'm sad we lost, but as a good loser, well done saints... :tup
Now how about you stop the petty jibes in return hey? :roll:
 

drummergurl

Active Member
ok fairplay. it was a bit of a weird match tho, the ref made some really odd decisions, mainly bad ones i think and that is me not being biased, i think that some of the decisions made probably affected wigan in a big way
 
drummergurl said:
ok fairplay. it was a bit of a weird match tho, the ref made some really odd decisions, mainly bad ones i think and that is me not being biased, i think that some of the decisions made probably affected wigan in a big way

bad decisions?

he only bad decision was when there was a high tackle on Edmondson, and then Wigan proceeded to score form it. should have been a penalty!! Especially when he had penalised saints beforehand for Talau doing the same thing :evil:
 

Fishsta

Active Member
aimee_euph said:
drummergurl said:
ok fairplay. it was a bit of a weird match tho, the ref made some really odd decisions, mainly bad ones i think and that is me not being biased, i think that some of the decisions made probably affected wigan in a big way

bad decisions?

he only bad decision was when there was a high tackle on Edmondson, and then Wigan proceeded to score form it. should have been a penalty!! Especially when he had penalised saints beforehand for Talau doing the same thing :evil:

Well, Wigan were quite simply not good enough. A very disappointing performance.

As for bad decisions, tell me about it. The decision not to red card Feaunati, and then to say he didn't deserve a lengthy ban is so far beyond ludicrous, it's unbelievable.

They'll never get thuggism out of the game unless they start taking decisive action against the offenders.

The high tackle on Edmondson SHOULD have been a penalty, but was nowhere near as bad as Feaunati's effort on Kevin Brown. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as Paul Sculthorpe's on Kevin Brown, either. The poor lad must have had a loose head afterwards.

Another dubious decision was the first disallowed try. I think it was stripped.

I have saved the entire match in MPEG2 format (7Gb of it!), if I can retrieve the relevant parts out and put them in DivX, I'll post them here, you can make your own minds up.

Just got to stop the Stains from winning anything else this season now. That whole "World into the mouth of darkness" thing is true, you know.
 

neiltwist

Active Member
there were other high takles wigan commited that got ignored, and the other one was lying on, which saints got done for, and wigan didn't!

as for wigan winning a lot of these type things, yes they did do very well in previous years, but in the last few, saints have done very well, and unfortunately wigan have not.

ps, I think sarah's comments were just a little friendly banter, and lets be fair, if wigan had won, we'd have to put up with the same sort of comments.
 

Fishsta

Active Member
neiltwist said:
there were other high takles wigan commited that got ignored, and the other one was lying on, which saints got done for, and wigan didn't!

Same as there was, once again, dozens of high tackles Saints didn't get penalised for.
 

Fishsta

Active Member
By the way, Neil... I went back to training again tonight... was a lot of fun! After not doing any proper exercise for nigh on two years (when my hamstring last went), I did an hour of solid exercise without too much problem... just struggled right at the end, legs seemed to die on me.

Season starts in August... wonder if I'll ever get to play seeing as I work Saturdays at the moment?
 
Fishsta said:
Another dubious decision was the first disallowed try. I think it was stripped.

Farrell very clearly dropped the ball. The video ref made all the correct decisions, including the no try of Darren Albert when he was clearly in touch.
 

drummergurl

Active Member
also at one point i think one of the saints players could have been offside when they made a tackle on one of the wigan players (i dont remember which coz ive slept since then and i think i was txtin someone too)
also i dont think i oculd have made a decision on the first? disallowed try because from where the arm went and came back from i dont think you can see if it was pulled out or if he did indeed drop the ball.

and yes if wigan had won i probably would be slagging them off for loads of high tackles offside... the usual kinda stuff u say to try and regain some of ur teams pride!
 

Product tMP members are discussing

Top