Celestial Prospect

We've all heard the hype about Prague not being suitable for the Area, but I would like to congratulate the panel for their choice of Celestial Prospect as the set piece for section two. I play with a second section band and we still have a week to go until our area contest, but we find that we enjoy the piece more following every practice, and working on the piece of music has been very musically rewarding. I would be very interested to hear what other second section bands think of this piece.

The Judge

As a euph player, I think that Celestial Prospect is a great test piece (not so sure if I was a front row cornet, however !!) :shock: But seriously, it has been one of those pieces that has been enjoyable to learn during rehearsal. Even if the results don't go as well as we hope on Sunday, I'm certain most 2nd section bands will have gained a lot from the piece.

We are playing this week end. I was not sure of the piece at the start but nowI reallyenjoy it, especially the slow movement. The last variation is a bit of a nightmare for he frot row cornets and ours have workd really hard and are sounding good. We are keeping our fingers crossed for Saturday. Good luck to yo when you play. :)

frisp

Great piece and I'd agree it grows on you the more you play it.

A lot of sitting quietly for us BBb basses tho'

davidsait

Yes.

However, as a flugel player, I'm bored senseless with it.

Also, however, it does allow me to sit back for most of the time and enjoy the rest of my band playing.

Dave Sait

HBB

davidsait said:
Yes.

However, as a flugel player, I'm bored senseless with it.

Also, however, it does allow me to sit back for most of the time and enjoy the rest of my band playing.

Dave Sait

You sound remarkable like OUR flugal player!!!! :p:p:p (Hope you put a lot of passion in your duet!! :p)

davidsait

homocidalbennyboy said:
You sound remarkable like OUR flugal player!!!! :p:p:p (Hope you put a lot of passion in your duet!! :p)

Hmm. I think I'll have to pass on the passion. Its not the same when Andy's playing Solo Horn.

Dave Sait

I like the duet. But that's all I like about the piece. And I'm not even playing the duet any more :evil: cos of our solo horn player, she actually bothered to turn up the other day....

HBB

You wanna blow my what? said:
I like the duet. But that's all I like about the piece. And I'm not even playing the duet any more :evil: cos of our solo horn player, she actually bothered to turn up the other day....

Only one solution to this dilemma!

the Penclawdd Solo Horn Cat Fight!!!

HBB

You wanna blow my what? said:
Er, no, I'm happy with playing 1st and not having to go to rehearsals :D (sounds bad I know, but I live to far away to be going all the time!)

I wish I didn't have to turn up to rehersals sometimes ....... <thinks ........ University in less than a decade!! :p:p>

I have just come back from the Scottish competition and we came 4th out of 12 with Celestial Prospects. Nerves got the better of us but we are pleased with the result and the fact that the music can be safely filled away.

HBB

floral_dance said:
I have just come back from the Scottish competition and we came 4th out of 12 with Celestial Prospects. Nerves got the better of us but we are pleased with the result and the fact that the music can be safely filled away.

WELL DONE!!!!!! We've got ours in a weeks time - but will be drowning our sorrows, or celebrating our success? Either way we'll be down the pub!!!

Thank you, most of the band was in the pub after our performance, we played third so lots of drinking time from 11.00am until 6.00pm amazingly no hangover this morning. Good luck for next weekend. :lol:

HBB

floral_dance said:
Thank you, most of the band was in the pub after our performance, we played third so lots of drinking time from 11.00am until 6.00pm amazingly no hangover this morning. Good luck for next weekend. :lol:

Thanx, its a shame you didn't qualify! - Hardly far to walk eh! I hope we play early - there's a games paradise just over the train station by the leisure centre - so I want to waste some money, coz it's not actually mine!! :twisted: :twisted:

dyl

frisp said:
Great piece and I'd agree it grows on you the more you play it.

A lot of sitting quietly for us BBb basses tho'

Be thankful you're not on percussion then!