Carnegie sucess for Tullis @ the Fife Charities

James McFadyen

As I predicted, we (Tullis Russell Mills Band) absolutely slaughtered Buckhaven and Methil Band in all catagories of the Fife Charities Contest in the Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline on Sat 1st Nov!!! we won best 3rd section and best Fife 'B' Band! :lol:

needless to say we gave our usual 2nd section standard playing which saw us giving some 2nd section bands a run for their money! :lol:

My arrangment of Calon Lan, sounded a treat in the hall and really shone well for the band! and of course we made a good job Darrol Barry's classic, 'A Salford Sinfonietta'

Moy

So you not going to give us all the results James.
Take there were other bands taking part.

Moy

March contest

1. Kingdom Brass 92
2. Newmilns & Galston 90
3. Dalkeith & Monktonhall 89
4. Barrhead Burgh 88
5. City of Discovery 87
6. Tayport Instrumental 85
7. Tullis Russell Mills 84
8. Dunfermline Town 81
9. Lochgelly 80
9. Buchaven & Methil 80
11. Queensferry HS 79

Hymn Tune Contest

1. Kingdom Brass 90
2. Newmilns & Galston 89
3. Tayport Instrumental 87
4. Barrhead Burgh 86
5. City of Discovery 85
6. Tullis Russell Mills 84
6. Dunfermline Town 84
8. Dalkeith & Monktonhall 83
8. Lochgelly 83
10. Queensferry HS 82
11. Buchaven & Methil 80

Testpiece Contest

1. Kingdom Brass 93
2. Newmilns & Galston 92
3. Tayport Instrumental 88
4. Tullis Russell Mills 87
5. Barrhead Burgh 86
6. City of Discovery 85
7. Dalkeith & Monktonhall 84
8. Lochgelly 83
9. Dunfermline Town 81
10. Queensferry HS 80
11. Buchaven & Methil 79

Youngest Player Trophy:
Murray McFarlane , Dunfermline Town

Best 4th Section Band:
Dunfermline Town

Best 3rd Section Band:
Tullis Russell Mills

Best 2nd Section Band:
Barrhead Burgh

Best 1st Section Band:
Newmilns & Galston

Best Fife B Band:
Tullis Russell Mills

Best Fife A Band:
Kingdom Brass

Best Cornet:
Newmilns & Galston

Best Horn:
Newmilns & Galston

Best Trombone:
Kingdom Brass

Best Euphonium:
Kingdom Brass

Best Bass Section:
City of Discovery

Best Conductor:
Kingdom Brass
Results courtesy of 4barsrest.

Borfeo

Congratulations to Kingdom Brass for a making it a 5 time success at the contest.

Also pleased for Tullis Russell, due to my best mate Loz Bloice signing for them not so long ago. Little bit concerned by the knocking of Buckhaven, not something I personally think is correct on a friendly forum like this.

However, congratulations to all prize winners.

PeterBale

Staff member
James McFadyen said:
As I predicted, we (Tullis Russell Mills Band) absolutely slaughtered Buckhaven and Methil Band in all catagories of the Fife Charities Contest in the Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline on Sat 1st Nov!!! we won best 3rd section and best Fife 'B' Band!

Whilst local rivalries can get very tense, I don't think, personally, that terms like "absolutely slaughtered" are really appropriate when describing contesting, the outcome of which depends ultimately on the whim of the adjudicator on the day. Equally, I wouldn't say that a margin of 4 points in two sections and eight in the third would constitute being "slaughtered" in anyone's terminology.

Congratulations on the result, but let's keep it in perspective :!:

James McFadyen

I apologise for my word choice. :wink:

as for Loz Bloice, is this a nickname or something coz it's not a name I don't recognise.

Borfeo

She's my best mate from when we are at Salford Uni together. She's great girl, just don't give her any aftershock :shock:

asteria

Lorraine's a top gal, mad as cheese, she always got me into mischief in uni band!! Someone give her a hug from me and tell her to play louder! :D

Borfeo

I surely shall give her a hug when I next see her (I think the Borders contest next Saturday will do fine) And I'll get her to blow ffz just for ya.

Pity she lives in Dunfermline, means we can't get ratted together enough, quite disappointing really :(