Carnegie Contest

wewizrobbed

Are you sure there's a contest then? My band are playing at Whitburn the same day. There's already been a carnegie contest this year, I played at it with Kinneil :?

Lauradoll

Yeah the Carnegie was on the same day as ther Masters....I know as I came up and got totally hammered. For a change. Top day out, saw loadsa folk I haveny seen for a while, and some I never want to see again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm

Roger Thorne

wewizrobbed said:
Are you sure there's a contest then?
Just checked this out on IBEW and there is a contest scheduled for this date:

1st November

Fife Charities Band Association Open Contest - March, Hymn Tune & Testpiece - Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline. Details: 01259 751967

:wink:

James McFadyen

We (Tullis Russell Mills Band) are going to be there.

In our section, we're up against Buckhaven and Methil Band, who we'll beat by a long shot! hehe :lol:

aqua76

Its the Fife Charities contest. The Carnegie contest is in Spring :)

Its also the one where Kingdom Brass go and clean up cos they are the only Championship section band :lol:

Best of luck to you all!!!!

Moy

Yes there are 2 contests on the same day.
We are going to the Whitburn one....have just found out that it's back in Whitburn Academy........please tell me the loos are not as bad as I remember from years gone by Kenny. :cry:

Renfrew Burgh Band are going to Whitburn, bit naff having two contests on at the same time, did this not happen ealier on this year if I remember right the West of Scotland competition was cancelled because of lack of entries and the reason being there was another contest on.

KennyC

Moy said:
We are going to the Whitburn one....have just found out that it's back in Whitburn Academy........please tell me the loos are not as bad as I remember from years gone by Kenny. :cry:

We had the whole place done up specially for you Moira. No expense spared. Toilet roll and everything.

Kenny

Borfeo

I believe that there was a bit of "moron" politics going on there. Fife committee thinking they could nick Whitburn's date and their bands.......backfired spectacularly though, 15 bands at my old school on Saturday (And the toilets used to be disgusting, I used to walk 10 mins to go to the public loo up the road every day at school)

See you all there, I'm on the cheesy solo.

Borfeo

Well as far as I am aware, the top section will probably be

Scottish Co-op
Kinneil
Bo'ness
Broxburn

not sure about anybody else in the top but I know Nitten will be in the 1st, and they should push quite strongly. Should be a damn good contest, plenty of beer to flow as well, couldn't really do much drinking at St Kentigerns.

Moy

KennyC said:
Moy said:

We had the whole place done up specially for you Moira. No expense spared. Toilet roll and everything.

Kenny

OOOO all excited now....will leave my bog roll at home then :wink:

Moy

and somebody said they thought Newtongrange so thats now:

Scottish Co-op
Kinneil
Bo'ness
Broxburn
Newtongrange
Granite City Brass( formerly UDI Aberdeen City 1st Section)
any more to add folks???

KennyC

OK. In no particular order:-

Granite City
Newtongrange
Clackmannan
Selkirk
Johnstone
Irvine & Dreghorn
Broxburn Public
Scottish Co-op
Renfrew