Carlton Brass (Nottingham) - Vacancies

rutty

Having achieved 4th at this years 1st section area contest Carlton Brass are aiming to strengthen our ranks with some new players.

We are looking for a quality principle euphonium player and a couple of front-row cornet players, plus a dedicated percussionist or two.

We rehearse in the Carlton area of Nottingham on Monday and Friday evenings. We're a friendly bunch so don't be shy!

Leave a comment or send me a private message if you're interested.

rutty

We've recently had to say goodbye to Craig Anderson on BBb. Work commitments (the bane of brass bands the world over) strikes again. So, we are now looking for someone to fill that seat (there's a cushion and everything).

Our updated vacancies are now:

Front row cornets
Principle Euphonium
BBb Bass
Percussionists - kit and tuned or really anyone who likes hitting things with sticks

We're also heading up to the Whit Marches in a couple of weeks and are missing a few cornets and possibly BBb. Let me know if you'd like to come with us!

We're an adaptable bunch and always looking for talented, committed brass banders in any position. If you live locally and would like to come down for a blow then please drop me line. A private message here is fine, although you could also give me a ring on (0771) 4700182.

We rehearse on Mondays and Fridays 8-10pm at our bandroom directly opposite the Fox and Hounds in Netherfield - next to Carlton train station

PaddySears

Having recently joined the band I can say that its been a great move for me and that the band are a very friendly bunch.....

It'd be great to have some company on Euph tho!

Paddy

rutty

Our resident work-shy student and second trombone par excellence has finished his course and sadly departed to pastures new. The band wish him well for the future and are sure that whoever he plays for will be delighted with his superb musical ability.

This leaves us with an additional vacancy on Second Trombone. Captain Carlin could do with a decent 'bone in his section. Another one, I mean.

We still need a quality Euphonium to fill the soloists seat. Wally has bought Where Eagles Sing and our current Euph's fingers don't go that fast!

We could also do with at least one more cornet (front or back) and we're starting to wonder where all the percussionists have gone. If you can hit things with sticks then please let me know.

We're an adaptable bunch and always looking for talented, committed brass banders in any position. If you live locally and would like to come down for a blow then please drop me line. A private message here is fine, although you could also give me a ring on (0771) 4700182.

We rehearse on Mondays and Fridays 8-10pm at our bandroom directly opposite the Fox and Hounds in Netherfield - next to Carlton train station

PaddySears

Blowing while at University....

Looking for a blow while at university in Nottingham?

Carlton Brass are a friendly 1st section band in the centre of nottingham with members regually driving from most of the areas around both Trent campuses and the main University of Nottingham campus. Anyone interested in coming to see us drop rutty a line on 0771 4700182 or message either of us.

PaddySears

Having finally found a friend on Solo euph we are still looking for a few players to complete a quality line-up in advance of the contest season.

Second Trombone
Third Cornet
Front Row
Percussion.

Contact any of the above posters for further details.

Paddy

rutty

Just a quick note to say that my contact details have changed. Any vacancy enquiries should be made either by Private Message here, or via any member of the Carlton Brass website:

http://carltonbrass.co.uk/contacts/

I'm also available on my new mobile number (0759) 5625136.

We've had a shuffle around the bandroom recently but we still need the following players:

Kit/tuned percussion
Second Trombone
Cornets, front and back

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

rutty

Carlton Brass now have a much healthier player base after some very welcome acquisitions recently. However, we are still in need of a couple of players in the following positions:

Percussion - tuned or kit.
Cornet - front or back

Next year's regional piece is the percussion-tastic Pentacle by Graham Cole and so we're keen to find talented tub-thumpers in our area.

We're currently in the first section and after a great result this year we're well-placed in the league table for next. We're a friendly bunch and can usually give lifts to players from any part of Nottingham and the surrounding area if needs be.

Contact via PM or via our website:

Cheers :)

rutty

It seems that our luck is continuing with player recruitment thanks to both of Nottingham's excellent universities. We have now acquired an excellent percussionist plus a couple of trainee stick bashers. In addition to the new noise-makers we have also found a new cornet player.

We do have a longer-term requirement for second trombone, so we would be pleased to hear from any local 'boners looking for a quality band.

We could also do with an additional back-row cornet.

Contact via PM or via our website:

Cheers :)

rutty

Carlton Brass now have additional vacancies post-area contest.

We are now looking for:

Trombones: bass and second
Percussion: tuned/kit
Back-row cornet
BB Bass

Interested players should contact our lovely secretary Michelle Donzé on (0115) 9525444 or email her at: shelly_@ntlworld.com or PM myself here.

Please check our new, updated website for more details:

http://carltonbrass.co.uk/

We're a friendly bunch and looking forward to a busy year with concerts and contests. A good result at the area might even see us head up into the scary old Championship section from next year :cool:

rutty

Carlton Brass are looking to strength our band with quality players. With an eye on Butlin's and the 2010 area (and possible promotion to the Championship Section) were are now looking for:

Bass Trombone
Solo Cornet
Tuned percussionists

Interested players should contact our lovely secretary Michelle Donzé on (0115) 9525444 or email her at: shelly_@ntlworld.com or PM myself here.

Please check our website for more details:

We have a busy end to the year and looking forward to a successful 2010

rutty

We're now searching for the following players:

Baritone
Bass Trombone
Solo Cornet
Tuned percussionists

Please check our website for more details:

We're looking forward to a successful 2010 at Butlins & the area and possible promotion to the scary reaches of the top section!

rutty

Apologies: an update to contact details for player recruitment. Could interested players please now contact our Chairman John Bailey on (0115) 9117556 or (0773) 8604528.

We also have a slight change to vacancies as follows:

Baritone/Euphonium
Bass Trombone
Solo Cornet
Tuned percussionists

Thanks

rutty

Our search for percussionists continues. With our resident drummer Jim moving on later in the year we are in need of another stick basher, along with a tuned percussionist.

Applications please to our band Chairman John Bailey on (0115) 9117556 or (0773) 8604528.

We could also do with a cornet player - front or back.

We're a friendly bunch and keen to improve. Interested players are more than welcome to come down for a blow at our own bandroom in Netherfield

rutty

Hello percussionists of the East Midlands! Carlton Brass needs you. The band is looking for talented percussionists to drown out the cacophony from the rest of the band.

We also have a couple of other players moving down south (we're going to miss you Steph & Paddy!) so we now also have vacancies for the following positions:

• Solo Baritone
  • Solo Cornet
  • Back row cornet
  • Second Trombone

If you're interested in joining our friendly first-section band then please get in touch with our Chairman John Bailey on (0115) 9117556 or email info@carltonbrass.co.uk

rutty

Hello percussionists of Nottinghamshire - we still need you! We need a stick basher or two to complete our band.

We're also looking for:

• Second Trombone
  • Back row cornet

The band has recently announced the appointment of Stan Lippeatt as MD. This is an exciting time for the band and we would like to encourage any talented brass players out there looking for a band to get in touch with our band Chairman John Bailey on (0115) 9117556 or email info@carltonbrass.co.uk