Car Horns...

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
hehe... having PF is real good fun on times as well. I remember frustrating the heck out of one of my previous MD's when for a laff I played my part a semitone down (in rehearsal of course and not on stage, God forbid!!) - not via working it out as we went along, but because I had learned the test piece parts over time, I then simply played my part by ear a semitone down.

It was super watching him squirm and wonder what was happening...

/cruel to MD mode

BrianT

I'm not sad in any usage of the word - I just listen to what I hear. There's lots of satisfying musical sounds out there if you just listen.
BrianT

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
BrianT said:
I'm not sad in any usage of the word - I just listen to what I hear. There's lots of satisfying musical sounds out there if you just listen.
BrianT
Have to agree with that Brian. :clap::clap:

Di

BrianT said:
BrianT
Quite true. I'm only jesting, no offence meant at all Brian. ;)

Ruthless

Don't you remember James May playing the Top Gear theme tune using car exhausts.

I do find myself "fingering" the notes on an imaginary cornet when I hear any notes especially when they are more abstract like a train horn or an annoying car alarm (like on Saturday morning outside the hotel in Oldham - Grrrr)

We used to live in a house with a alarm that went "bing-bong" when you opened the door - it was 2 notes - tonic-fifth.

I always ended up singing the them from "The Champions" from the TV:

http://tv.cream.org/specialassignments/themes/champions.mp3

Trouble is, when you've done it a few times, it becomes automatic.

Like....we have a street near us called "Cow Lane"....every time I go past I get this irresistable urge to go "Mooooo" as I drive by. I'm not insane....honest.

BrianT

Carmina Burana!

I heard this in one of the offices I've worked in. There were two telephones ringing in canon, but one was a semitone lower than the other. Spooky!

BrianT

Attachments