Calling peeps who like marching, drinking & £10 notes

imthemaddude

Five Rivers Brass are looking for players especially cornets and basses and trombones to fill the mass line up for the famous Durham Day - July 10th 2004. We march around Thornley and then march to Durham county hall where we play a piece in front of some important dudes then march to a field, get drunk and attempt to march back. It's a fantastic day and there are lots of other bands there to drink with. Each player will get a £10 note to aid in the challenge of who can get the most drunk. Please pm me if your interested or post below and I'll get in touch wil you.

:guiness :guiness

nickjones

I fancy doing it , I play Eb and Bb for Beaumaris Band...sounds like a good job...dont mind the travel

super_sop

Supporting Member
sorry lynda, I'd have loved to come up to give you a hand but we have a concert in W.E.M parish church at 7.30 pm on the 10th July.

Maybe next time

Mrs Fruity

Re: Calling peeps who like marching, drinking & £10 note

imthemaddude said:
Five Rivers Brass
We march around Thornley and then march to Durham county hall where we play a piece in front of some important dudes then march to a field, get drunk and attempt to march back. It's a fantastic day and there are lots of other bands there to drink with. Each player will get a £10 note to aid in the challenge of who can get the most drunk. Please pm me if your interested or post below and I'll get in touch wil you.

:guiness :guiness

Gosh it's a long march from Thornley to the County Hotel- only joking!!! I'd love to help but I'll be doing it for the sheer LOVE of it !! Arf arf! I particularly enjoy the "attempting to march back" bit. :guiness :oops: :shock:

bigcol

Lynda,

You can put me down for both the conducting and the trombone playing dep you need. Penny has pursuaded me :lol:

Do I get 2 £10 notes then? ;)

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.