Buxton Results

Fishsta

paddo said:
Fishsta said:
Third section:

1) Boarshurst
2) United Norwest Co-op 2000
3) Something Colliery

Putting something like "Something" instead of "Stanley" is a little bit insulting for those in question? don't you!!

Profuse apologies. I didn't have the results on me, I attempted to remember as best as I could. Bearing in mind that I had had a few drinks.

If any offence was caused, it was unintended.

Valvecap

Great day out yesterday (made even better by the fact we won, but made slightly worse by a travelsick young man on the bus!!!!! - only kidding David) - nice to see a few tMP people about. Well done Rach! very good solo - i enjoyed playing the piece. come ON Harrogate!

eric

BigHorn said:
Congratulations to all prize winners at Buxton.
I was a little disappointed though that many bands had the same idea and trotted out their regional test peice again. I think that was a bit unimaginitive and taking the 'safe' option.
Its not very good for the audience hearing the same peice over and over again when they have come to listen to an own choice/entertainments type contest . I was quite disappointed as I was hoping to hear some variety.
YES! I couldn't agree more. I also noted that some bands stuck to "old favourites" as well. Surely it is better to have some variety to keep interest within your own band as well as the audience. The "safe" option was certainly one that the bands felt at ease with and gained success. Obviously they were comfortable with there regionals performance on this !

lynchie

I'd just like to try and cover Flixton on this one... we've only had a conductor for about 2 weeks in total, so getting a new test piece up to standard would have been extremely difficult! Sorry to any that were disappointed but I thought we played it well, and we're moving on fast now, just come to Delph on Sunday to see what I mean!! (blatant plug) :wink:

paddo

Fishsta said:
paddo said:
Fishsta said:
Third section:

1) Boarshurst
2) United Norwest Co-op 2000
3) Something Colliery

Putting something like "Something" instead of "Stanley" is a little bit insulting for those in question? don't you!!
Profuse apologies. I didn't have the results on me, I attempted to remember as best as I could. Bearing in mind that I had had a few drinks.

If any offence was caused, it was unintended.[/quote]

Accepted :D

rutty

Was a good day all round really. Lovely weather, nice venue, more bars than you can shake a stick at....

I only got to see Rach (sparkley) from tMP, didn't see Fishsta or Straightmute, or anyone else. I think I may have noticed Fifi getting a bit excitable - we were in the same bar as some of Flixton after the results for the 2nd section. Not too sure if it was you or not.

Either way, I'm sure we'll be back next year. Good contest. I hope that everyone enjoyed our rendition of Hollywood - we really enjoyed playing it :)

Well done to all the prize winners ;)

Di B

I ended up being able to pop down for a lovely sunny day at Buxton - saw Straight Mute buying loads of music, but apart from that I just enjoyed the sunshine and enjoyed most performances I heard!

Sadly, I missed Flixton, which was the one band I wanted to hear that I missed! :x

Well done to all, particularly Rachel on winning the soloist prize

Congratulations to Mr Mute and the team :D Just sorry I didn't get to hang around for the performance.

Also well done to Boarshurst and United Norwest Co-op in the 3rd.

P.S. First trip to Buxton and a nice sunny day it was too....what happens to the 'next bands on' when it's raining? Not an awful lot of cover from what I could see? Just curious.....

Was there on Sunday, and thought Harrogates Flugel Was GREAT, soared over that top note and made it sound easy.
Als worth mentioning that Glossop were great as well, Well done to Mandy on sop, she played a blinder!

Valvecap

Only heard Glossop from back stage - i agree - nice performance - thought that the accoustic in the hall itself was very good - allowed for great dynamic contrast. Will pass your comments on to Rach - she aint online at the moment having just moved house....

cornetgirl

Prize winning flugel available for weddings, funerals, bar mitzvahs...

Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Can't quite believe it - where did that top B come from!!!

Nice way to end my career at Harrogate for the time being :cry: and hopefully I'll play flugel again in the future - if anyone'll let me! Just waiting for my silverware now!

Rach x

The Cornet King

cornetgirl said:
and hopefully I'll play flugel again in the future - if anyone'll let me! Just waiting for my silverware now!

Rach x

Congratulations Rachel...well done. Well done to you and all the band.

Sure you'll find a band to play with from time to time! :wink: :wink:

Valvecap

Aye - I noticed that the day it went on - so i mailed em... think its still showing euph thought!!! If that were a euph note - WOW!!!!

Fifi

I think I may have noticed Fifi getting a bit excitable - we were in the same bar as some of Flixton after the results for the 2nd section. Not too sure if it was you or not

yep it was definatly me!!! i do get highly excited when i have been drinking!!! oh well did recongise you but hey was a fab day!!

Product tMP members are discussing