Buxton Results

super_sop

Supporting Member
i heard earlier that wellington (telford) were 3rd in the 4th section.
but thats the only one i know

sparkling_quavers

2nd section

1. diggle
2. carlton
3. melton
4. flixton :D

Am myself very pleased with the result.........todays contest was a very high standard......... well done to the winners.....am just off for a curry with the band to celebrate

Fishsta

Third section:

1) Boarshurst
2) United Norwest Co-op 2000
3) Something Colliery
4) Lostock Hall Memorial

5th and 6th I'm not sure of.

Was a good day.

Straightmute

Championship Section

1st Harrogate :D Tallis Variations
2nd Glossop Les Preludes
3rd Wrexham RVW Variations for Brass Band
4th Hade Edge Paganini Variations

Adjudicator Roy Roe

Soloist: Rachel Higginson - Flugel Harrogate
Best 1st Section: Wrexham
Best Peak District: Glossop

HBB

Well Done....... couldn't think of a more deserving band, plus I love the testpiece! :D

Well done Rachel.... last time with Harrogate :cry: :D

hBb

paddo

Fishsta said:
Third section:

1) Boarshurst
2) United Norwest Co-op 2000
3) Something Colliery

Putting something like "Something" instead of "Stanley" is a little bit insulting for those in question? don't you!!

katej

4th section.
1st Uppermill
2nd Greenfield
3rd Wellington
4th Burbage (Buxton)
5th Carrbrook brass
6th Sale Brass
7th Dove Holes Public
8th Brindle
9th Frodsham Silver

3rd section.
1st Boarhurst Silver
2nd United Norwest 2000
3rd Stanley Newmarket Colliery
4th Lostock Hall Memorial
5th Fairfield (Buxton)
6th City of Stoke on Trent Brass.

Kate

Fifi

well i can certinaly say for flixton wth r lovely new conductor the only way is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being placed and winning a trpohey at your first contest with a new musical director is fantastic thanyou to kevin what a guy!!!

BigHorn

Congratulations to all prize winners at Buxton.
I was a little disappointed though that many bands had the same idea and trotted out their regional test peice again. I think that was a bit unimaginitive and taking the 'safe' option.
Its not very good for the audience hearing the same peice over and over again when they have come to listen to an own choice/entertainments type contest . I was quite disappointed as I was hoping to hear some variety.

Straightmute

BigHorn said:
Congratulations to all prize winners at Buxton.
I was a little disappointed though that many bands had the same idea and trotted out their regional test peice again. I think that was a bit unimaginitive and taking the 'safe' option.
Not the case in the top section - there was not a single Tristan Encounters or Coventry Variations on offer.

D

BigHorn

Sorry, should have made my observations clearer. I was really talking about the 2nd section where 4 out of the 7 chose to do Kaleidescope.
I must say though, that the winners, Diggle, played Kaleidescope brilliantly - the best that I have ever heard it played, and thoroughly deserved their 1st place.
Roy Roe congratulated all 7 bands on the high standard of competition.