Butlins mineworkers 2008

WhatSharp?

I'll be there, not playing just drinking and enjoying myself this year :D not taking the sprogs this time ( much to their annoyance, they love Butlins ) so I can actually get to hear some bands!

Hornic

Kippax are going in Section 2.
"Alberta Suite" - Hmmmmmm !!
Any thoughts on this choice?
- Wilkie
YBS Concert Brass are going for the first time this year. As for the test piece....words fail me!! I wouldnt like to be an adjudicator sitting through too many versions of the last movement

Last edited:

RobBari

Markham will be in 1st section. Plantagenets an absolute classic. and fancy dress in Jaks sat night!!!!!!!!

Shaggy

No doubt the moderators will be delighted to know I will be going to "Skeggy 08" next year. Please, by all means make yourselves known to me, and punch me on the nose or have a pint of "wife beater" with me, which ever you prefer.

I am attending as I "civillian" as I did last year (unless someone makes me an offer I cant refuse) but please dont miss my seminar in the main hall on Sunday morning, its entitled "The Brass Band Movement; how can we keep it fluffy and cuddley?"

Simon_Horn

Royston Town Band will be there again in the 4th section and the piece is growing on me (Lydian Pictures - Dobson)

alibaba

Originally Posted by iancwilx
- Wilkie

Had a quick look at Alberta Suite on Monday night. Garbage is all I can say!

Opening movement is just wierd, 2nd movement is ok ( ish ) but the last movement is pants.

Yet another strange choice of piece for the 2nd section
Nothing in it at all for percussion or trombones

iancwilx

Originally Posted by iancwilx
- Wilkie

Nothing in it at all for percussion or trombones
Not much for basses either - ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!
- Wilkie