Butlins 2014

No I don't but I am aware that these bands have entered. I think you may be getting mixed up with The Blackburn and Darwen Band who are in the Championship Section.

However thank you very much for your good wishes.
Thankyou Mr A. I havn't heard of Blackbrown and Darwen but it sounds like a good section to listen to. I will be playing on Sunday but I do like Sparkes music so will certainly drop in to section 3.
CIAO, CORLEONE.

BigHorn

Any news on the evening entertainment yet ?

Maynard Ferguson Legacy Band were great last year as were Syd Lawrence Orchestra in 2012

Hope something equally as good is being put on this year.

I know its a brass band weekend, but when its been brass bands all morning and brass bands all afternoon, I'm ready for some variety come the evening.
Call me a cynic, but I'm not really interested in old standards being played by 'Big Name' brass bands - which oddly seem to feature many players you have seen playing during the day.

PeterBale

Staff member
The advert in the latest BBW lists Virtuosi GUS, Grimethorpe, The Syd Lawrence Orchestra and the Horndog Brass Band.

marksmith

2014 will be my own first time at Butlins.
Looking forward to playing 'Kenilworth' with Amington Band, in the second section.
On paper this piece looks straight forward, but it contains some interesting and challenging sections.
Should prove a worthy choice for the contest.

We have a couple of overbooked chalets for Butlins - 1 x chalet for 2 persons and 1 x chalet for 4 persons.....PM me for price if interested

RedOctober

Wish I was going, it looks like a fab contest with the set work this year. And a great opportunity to hear David Child's, I'm sure he must be doing some sort of solo with Flowers in the own choice? Can't wait to hear him play with Flowers at the area contest.

Thankyou Mr A. I havn't heard of Blackbrown and Darwen but it sounds like a good section to listen to. I will be playing on Sunday but I do like Sparkes music so will certainly drop in to section 3.
CIAO, CORLEONE.
Well then Mr Ashworth, almost home and dry.I see our friends at 4BR have you in pole position. 'The wily Mr Ashworth' they dub you sir!
Until Saturday then. CIAO, CORLEONE.

ROBTHEDOG

2014 will be my own first time at Butlins.
Looking forward to playing 'Kenilworth' with Amington Band, in the second section.
On paper this piece looks straight forward, but it contains some interesting and challenging sections.
Should prove a worthy choice for the contest.

See you in bar sometime Mark ??

I was able to get to the contest for the weekend having seen it on the 4 bars rest site ;
I found it very enjoyable hearing brass bands i went into each section to hear the pieces played and thought they were all ok;
The 2nd section piece for me proved to sort a good number of the bands out the ones i heard
The Sunday i only heard the Championship section bands and it was a great day of entertainment as i play in a jazz band it was right up my street

some great arrangements on sunday does anyone know the publisher of The Witch of the westmoorlands.
have tried just music and cant see it there.
thanks Dave Pegram