Butlins 2013

Pauli Walnuts

Staff member
Brighton & Hove City Brass will be there. I have a vague memory of playing in a contest last time though that might have been an illusion caused by sambuca

MRSH

Supporting Member
Brighton & Hove City Brass will be there. I have a vague memory of playing in a contest last time though that might have been an illusion caused by sambuca
What!!!! You mean we have to take 15 minutes out to play in a contest;). I vaguely remember doing something like that last time too but the Sambuca was so much more enjoyable :p

Bass Man

I'm going down to take in a band or two, have the odd sherbert and, of course, support Murton Colliery who my mam plays for

Lets hope the bands that have been accepted for contest
at Butlins are registered with "BBBR", and have not defected to Kapitol, they could well be disappointed.

tubafran

Lets hope the bands that have been accepted for contest at Butlins are registered with "BBBR", and have not defected to Kapitol, they could well be disappointed.
How so? Thought Butlins were accepting both sets of cards - according to Kapitol anyway

Anyone after a trombone player for Butlins? I know of 2nd section registered player looking to play as he's going for the weekend anyway!

Nigel Brinklow

They are accepting both registrations. Sensible approach given that it will take a little time to sort out the administration this has caused.

euphymike

Played through2nd section in memorium this week. An interesting ditty. My tongue is still in overdrive after bars of fast quavers!
but i got a nap in counting 40 odd bars rest.
skegness in January? cant beat it!

Laserbeam bass

I am going but not playing as my band dont do Butlins :( will have a drink for you all instead :)

Is that one for each member of your band that is not playing, or one for each person that is?

28 drinks seems a bit lightweight, whereas 4500 drinks seems a bit excessive, even for the most ardent non temperant band :clap:
;)