Butlins 2012

BOB

Thoresby Colliery will be there - after competing every year in the Championship section since it began, we though it would be rude not to!

tubafran

List updated

CHAMPIONSHIP

Carlton Main

Desford Colliery?

East Yorkshire Motors

Flowers

Marsden

Redbridge

Thoresby Colliery

Tongwynlais

Virtuosi GUS Band

Wingates

Woodfalls

1[SUP]ST[/SUP] SECTION

Becontree
Carlton Brass
City Of Sheffield
Drighlington
Enderby
Foresters Brass
Ipswich
Kidlington Concert
Kippax
Langley
Leicester Coop
Old Silkstone
South Yorks Police
Stannington

2[SUP]ND[/SUP] SECTION

Chalgrove
Cornerstone
Dodworth
Fulham
Middleton
Murton Colliery
Northfleet
Thundersley
York RI
3[SUP]RD[/SUP] SECTION
Backworth Colliery
Boarshurst Silver
Dinnington
Dronfield
Eccles Borough
Emley
Hemel Hempstead
Hitchin Band
Hucknall & Linby
Pemberton Old?
Rolls Royce
Stamford
Whitworth Vale & Healey

4[SUP]TH[/SUP] SECTION

Bestwood
Deepcar
Kingsway Printers Cleethorpes
Maltby
Market Rasen
Markham Main
Pleasley
Whitwell

ploughboy

Wow Fran! The posted out timings I have from Butlins show

Champ 12 (bands)
First 25
Second 20
Third 16
Fourth 18

Are we to read in to this a very high amount of withdrawals? if this was to be the case, it would be nice if the organisers considered putting back the start times of each section so we can have a lie-in ;)

Also for Folk that have been asking, the Adjudicators

Champ - Ray Far, Peter Roberts
1st - Stephen Sykes, Richard Marshall
2nd - Roger Webster, Sandy Smith
3rd - Graham O'Connor, Kevin Holgate
4th - Barry Thompson, Mark Walters

Champs Sunday - Peter Roberts & Roger Webster
youth Bands - Barry Thompson & Mark Walters

Start Times (Sat)

Champ - 10.30am in Centre Stage
1st - 10am in Reds
2nd - 10am in Lakeside
3rd - 11am in Royal Arthur Suite
4th - 9.30am in Crazy Horse

ploughboy

Sorry, Just re-read your post Fran, There aren't loads of withdrawls, I thought you'd pulled the list down from some official website, when I re-read it I realised I'd missed a few words!!!

tubafran

Sorry for the confusion Garry, no I just pulled them off this thread and looked over previous year's bands websites. So not a complete list just the ones I found

Start Times (Sat)

Champ - 10.30am in Centre Stage
1st - 10am in Reds
2nd - 10am in Lakeside
3rd - 11am in Royal Arthur Suite
4th - 9.30am in Crazy Horse

Must say I'm surprised that this years Champ Section starts so early. I would have thought with 25 bands in the first section they could afford to start it after lunch (it will be finished in 3 hours and still give the bands time to rehearse for the Sunday Contest and have a few beers.......) to enable some of the other sections bands members and followers to go and listen if they wanted to hear the premier bands at the event. All five sections will now be competing for the whole audience simultaneously. We all knowthat the more people in the audience, the more musical atmosphere can be generated. Shame if those timings are indeed the case (no reason to doubt btw).

ploughboy

I agree about the audience being divided, that's a shame, I know my band play better to a crowd than to a half empty room. But I do see the top bands being happier that they have more free time over the weekend. . it can get a bit frantic fitting everything in over the weekend.

Chris Hicks

From the two times i've been to the contest, the Champ section saturday always seems to be half full even when the favoured bands are playing, where as the sunday is jam packed because none of the lower sections bands are having to play.

Andy_Euph

Jayess Newbiggin Band are making our contesting debut at Butlins in the 4th section.

I'm looking forward to a cracking weekend and hopefully a catch up with friends from down south :)

mjwarman

Quick question to those of you that have been before.When checking in, does everyone have to collect their own keys or can the group leader collect all and dish them out? I have been trying to call Butlins for 2 days and have been on hold for about 3 hours in total and am getting irritated!!!It would make it much easier for me to be able to collect all the keys, but have a feeling that they are going to be more organised and stricter that Pontins!!!Any help would be gratefully received.

When I have been before, the group leader has gone and gotten all of the keys etc... these were then dished out whilst still at the coach.

Good luck for the Contest!

bassmittens

We have been trying for ages to find a rehearsal/warm up space for Saturday morning or afternoon. Anyone got any suggestions we may not have tried? or would anyone be willing to consider sharing theirs depending on how the draw's work out?

Otherwise it looks like a warm up in a chalet will have to do......

tubafran

Lindon - check with Ian K - Ireland have previously used a local church or you could try the The Countryman pub just up the road in Ingoldmelds - we are booked in at 9.30 but I know we have been there from 8am before.