Butlins 2009

DannyCollin

Re Grimestein - will Mr Roberts be playing with you this year ? I was somewhat tired and emotional by the time of your performance last year ( yank67 poisoned me with vodka shots ) . I pointed out to Leyfy several times and at length that it was her last chance to hear the great man live before I collapsed into my hot dog.....

No, he's had his teeth mended, can't blow a note, and retired, BUT he's judging :)

Last edited:

postie

I have been told the fourth section starts at 11am but on 4brs it says the section starts at 10am and I know that one of the fourth section bands have even a practise at 10am on the morning in Jaks how does that work?

Its ok for us at ICCB as we have a practise room off site and can use it when ever we need it but would be good if someone could confim the section start time

I was a bit surprised by the starting time on 4bars rest I am sure the section starts at 11. At least I hope it does I may have to alter Bestwood's rehearsal time if they are correct on that and it is starting at 10.

IJK

It has been confirmed that 4brs got it wrong and the 4th section does still start at 11am we spoke to Brain yesterday about it

RJMorris

Getting ready to depart for the trip to Butlin's. A long day of sitting in airports and on airplanes awaits, but I am very excited. Good luck to all of the bands participating. Come by the NABBA table and introduce yourself.

Rusty

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Getting ready to depart for the trip to Butlin's. A long day of sitting in airports and on airplanes awaits, but I am very excited.

Not to mention a long journey to Skeggy itself. If you've never been here before you'll love our roads - especially the ones to the East of Boston (thats "our" Boston - "your" Boston is an entirely different sort of place!!!) ;)

Good luck to all of the bands participating. Come by the NABBA table and introduce yourself.

Rusty

I'll be sure to look you up sometime over the weekend. Hoping to put a few more faces to tMP usernames - feel free to say "hello" if you see me at any time - trust me I'm hard to miss!!

I'm really starting to look forward to it now - I'm not playing so it'll be a weekend gently marinading in lager.

Liz Courts

Not to mention a long journey to Skeggy itself. If you've never been here before you'll love our roads - especially the ones to the East of Boston (thats "our" Boston - "your" Boston is an entirely different sort of place!!!) ;)

Argh, no! Don't remind me! Stupid, stupid road!!! :eek:

HBB

Sitting in front of a bass player with such a large sense of humour - I'm surprised that I've not broken a rib in the run up to Butlins, eh Andy! :p

I can't wait! We're coming on a coach again this year, those roads are a lot easier to navigate when you're sat at the back of the bus drinking beer..

Just the one mind...;)

I will be there this weekend enjoying not playing this time so soaking up the atmos and milling around in my "kiss me quick hat". As time draws near let us all join together and say the prayer....

Our Lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink

Thy will br drunk,
(I will be drunk),
At home as in the taverns,

Give us this day our foamy head,
and forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us,

and lead us not into incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers,

For thine is the beer,
The bitter and the lager
for ever and ever...

Barmen.

Bass Trumpet

For the first time in years I'll be sat at home twiddling my thumbs! I'll be alright in the morning but by about lunchtime I'll start to get all jittery. The missus will then physically have to wrench my car keys from my hand to stop me driving up to Skeggy.....

How's about a webcast next year, just like the Norwegian contest!