BT BAND at Glossop Sun 22nd Feb

Lauradoll

The BT Band will be performing at Glossop Bandclub on Sunday 22nd Feb. (8pm start)

Programme will include a wide variety of music, including a selection of the non- Christmas pieces we played at our Christmas Concert in the Royal Albert Hall.

Get there!

jambo

Thought you were Skiing MIss B...
Doing your bands P.R whilst on the Piste? What a trooper you are. :lol:

Lauradoll

Internet access in hotel is a god send. Just making sure people come to our concert. Away on the PISTE now hehehehe.
Missing me James? See ya soon x

asteria

Seeing as Laura is skiving band this week and doesn't know what we'll be playing here's some of the pieces from the programme -

Rule Brittania
Robin Hood
You Needed Me (Flugel soloist Kate Chisholm)
Scaramouche*
The Summer Knows (Tenor horn solo)
Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (from Les Mis)
Caravan
Final movement of Call of the Cossacks

Sorry, that's all i can remember, but please come and have a listen (if you don't like what you hear you can always drown your sorrows at the bar - or better still, buy us a pint! :wink: )

*Sorry laura you've been demoted, you're no longer egg-shaker soloist!

Lauradoll

Helen V said:
Seeing as Laura is skiving band this week and doesn't know what we'll be playing here's some of the pieces from the programme -

Rule Brittania
Robin Hood
You Needed Me (Flugel soloist Kate Chisholm)
Scaramouche*
The Summer Knows (Tenor horn solo)
Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (from Les Mis)
Caravan
Final movement of Call of the Cossacks

Sorry, that's all i can remember, but please come and have a listen (if you don't like what you hear you can always drown your sorrows at the bar - or better still, buy us a pint! :wink: )

*Sorry laura you've been demoted, you're no longer egg-shaker soloist!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry: :cry:
That was my favourite bit. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mind you we've got 4 percussionists now, they need to earn their crust somehow! Yey Caravan!!!

drummergurl

oh no gutted!! ive just realised that the 22nd is this sunday, and im away with Merseyside Youth Orchestra from tomorrow afternoon in the lake district, and we dont get back until late sunday night!
sorry! :cry:

Lauradoll

Helen V said:
Lauradoll said:
Mind you we've got 4 percussionists now, they need to earn their crust somehow!

Even worse, it's been given to Steve on 3rd cornet!! :lol:

You can find details of the how to get to the Glossop bandroom at the wonderfully organised website -
http://www.glossopband.org/whos_on.htm
No excuses now!! :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Not happy. My flight back may be delayed if I'm not doing my shaker thing. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can't believe it. You'd think Mike didn't trust me or something :shock:

Lauradoll

drummergurl said:
oh no gutted!! ive just realised that the 22nd is this sunday, and im away with Merseyside Youth Orchestra from tomorrow afternoon in the lake district, and we dont get back until late sunday night!
sorry! :cry:

Fine!!!!!

Everyone's turning against me!!!!!!

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!

MWAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

asteria

Afraid Laura will be there (she wouldn't dare miss it even tho she's not doing the egg shaker thang! :) ), but come along anyway!
Kathryn said she might come if she can find someone to go with, and we can probably sort you out with a lift. It's even possible that i'll be driving (now there's an excuse not to go!), but only if there's someone in the car who can navigate!!

strongbow

Lauradoll said:
The BT Band will be performing at Glossop Bandclub on Sunday 22nd Feb. (8pm start)

Get there!

:oops: Won't be there even though I book the bands in, I will be travelling back from South Wales after visiting the outlaws (Oops, what a typo, should be inlaws!) :lol:

Aidan

haha o well :p ok then i still might be persuaded :D
il give kathryn powers -international woman of mystery, a txt then.

Lauradoll

Nadia said:
I might go just cos Laura's not there if I can get a lift
Grr!
I'll be there (if my flight doesn't get delayed)
Scaramouche won't have the same quality start it has had in the past, as my egg shaker solo's been given to someone else. :cry: