brighouse predictions

hey ppl, just wanted 2 know wot ur predictions r 4 the brighouse march contest in 2 weeks time, i think some1else has put up a list on tMP sayin whos competein so u can use that list 2 give me ur predictions, my predictions will b posted on here soon, cyaround, CliVE

Championship Section
Hepworth
Greggs Bakery
Lindley
Carlton Main
Wingates
Rowntrees
Marsden
Pennine Brass

1st Section
Yorkshire Co-op
Holme Silver

2nd Section
West Yorkshire Police
Elland Silver
Huddersfield Brass Ensemble

3rd Section
Hebden Bridge
Gawthorpe Brass '85 (senior)
Clifton & Lightcliffe
Royal Buckley

4th Section
Gawthorpe Brass
The Friendly Band

Youth Section
Elland Silver
Shaw Youth
Sellers International Youth
Huddersfield Youth
Clifton & Lightcliffe Youth

the 1s in b/i/u r the bands who i think will win(and yes there is a bit of bias in there 2, lol) have 2 say tho i aint sure on my predictions 4 the 1st and 4th sections, those 2 cud b close as there r only 2 bands in each, im gonna b interested 2 c the champ and youth sections in action, the 2nd section cud b a close 1 and altho im hoping my band will win, ive a feelin wyp will win, but again it cud b close, elland cud maybe produce a shock, goin back 2 the youth section, u'd think sellars wud b a dead cert but i aint heard them b4 so it cud b interestin, i thort shaw played well at marsden recently, in the 3rd section u'd have 2 put hb as the favourites, 2 tiems yorkshire champs and they r still playing well now, after some good results in whit fridays, maybe most notably winning freezeland(i know that aint the right spellin, lol), and finally the champ section, i heard hepworth at wf's and they sounded very solid, but lindly sounded pretty good at marsden altho they had about half a dozen borrowed players, the others r all good names 2 look out 4 and the champ section cud b the closest section of the lot even tho there r more bands, i dont think ne1 will get thrashed in that section, neway hope 2 c u ppls predictions and c if they r newhere near mine, lol, cyaround, CliVE

i can see carlton main, wingates and pennine top 3! with yorkshire co-op up there as well!!! 2nd section, the police band and elland, 3rd section no coment coz im playing in that one!! 4th section i think Friendly will pull it out ov the bag! dont have a clue about the youth section!

cya all there! hope it doesnt rain! weve been drawn 11

yorkie19

Have they changed the format for this year? The last 3 years, it was an open contest, with bands from each section competing against each other.

Sam

Sueee

I'd say Carlton Main, Wingates, Hepworth are the main three...

n obviously I want Sellers Youth to do well :D

Euph-Bari

SellersSue said:

nah not for me wouldn't want my mate from there to be any more giddyer than she is allready :p - hehez, good luck to them

as i am helping out elland youth would Like them to do well :?

jonford

Euph-Bari said:
SellersSue said:

nah not for me wouldn't want my mate from there to be any more giddyer than she is allready :p - hehez, good luck to them

as i am helping out elland youth would Like them to do well :?

Also hoping for Sellers Youth to do well! Although I have never heard any of these youth bands live!

gemhornstar

1st Pennine
2nd Hepworth (Sorry Sadler!!)
3rd Carlton Main

Hope Sellers Youth Band will storm it as well.....Come on Bousie!!

Gem
1st Horn
Sellers

JohnnyEuph

madandcrazytromboneguy said:
Championship Section
Hepworth
Greggs Bakery
Lindley
Carlton Main
Wingates
Rowntrees
Marsden
Pennine Brass

Wait and see Clive... that's all i can say. To be honest I think It'll look more like this:

Greggs Bakery
Carlton Main
Marsden
Pennine Brass
Hepworth
Wingates
Lindley
Rowntrees

On a more personal note, I'll just be there for the drink!!!

this is the order i think itll be:

Pennine Brass
Carlton Main
Yorkshire Co-op
Lindley
Greggs Bakery
Wingates
Holme Silver
Marsden
Rowntrees
Hebden Bridge
West Yorkshire Police
Elland Silver
Gawthorpe Brass '85 (senior)
Huddersfield Brass Ensemble
Clifton & Lightcliffe
Royal Buckley (never heard ov em)
The Friendly Band
Shaw Youth
Gawthorpe Brass
Clifton & Lightcliffe Youth
Elland Silver youth
Sellers International Youth

getting half way dow i started guessing! but i think it will be somethink like that? probably wrong though!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D , yes rick the 2nd euph at yorx co-op bonding with the 2nd euph at hebden bridge wud b just up ur street(in ur case, lol), i agree tho, she's worth it, im just gonna keep my eyes open, reeeeeeeeeally open :shock: , 4 this brighouse contest, u neva know who u might c, i tell u im gonna b on shit hot form this weekend, prize 4 best 2nd trom, just u wait, i'll b there! :wink: , cya all at brig! :)

2nd euph at yorkshire co-op??? its a lad!!!!!!! lol u on about that lass who used to be there? well shes playing with dobx!!!