Brighouse March Contest

hi any one know when the brighouse march contest is? also whos going? i went 2 years ago and it was a good day out! also its a good pint at the pub on the corner!! :guiness

cool, so theres Hebden Bridge, sellers, ellend youth, ellend silver so far what a contest its gona be!! lol wunder what order that will be :? lol any one elss?

Mark Bousie

[Sellers will b there...]

Check your gig list Sue! We won't be there, but the Youth Band is doing it this year so you're very much welcome to come and support!

Should be a great day, especially if the weather's good!

Mark

Sueee

Mark Bousie said:
[Sellers will b there...]

Check your gig list Sue! We won't be there, but the Youth Band is doing it this year so you're very much welcome to come and support!

Should be a great day, especially if the weather's good!

Mark
oops I just presumed we where hehe.. yeah i'm sure it'll b a great day :) kids will love it too bless em! they were great at Whit Friday :D

Sue 8)

Roger Thorne

The official line up is:

Championship Section
Hepworth
Greggs Bakery
Lindley
Carlton Main
Wingates
Rowntrees
Marsden
Pennine Brass

1st Section
Yorkshire Co-op
Holme Silver

2nd Section
West Yorkshire Police
Elland Silver
Huddersfield Brass Ensemble

3rd Section
Hebden Bridge
Gawthorpe Brass '85 (senior)
Clifton & Lightcliffe
Royal Buckley

4th Section
Gawthorpe Brass
The Friendly Band

Youth Section
Elland Silver
Shaw Youth
Sellers International Youth
Huddersfield Youth
Clifton & Lightcliffe Youth

Adjudicators
David Read and Derek Broadbent

:wink:

whats everyone playing at brighouse? where doing ORB thats all i know, lol. is there a good pub near by the contest? any good front row cornet player wana help us out? if so e mail me please

Euph-Bari

elland youth are doing march of the cobblers to march on and punchinello - neva remember the names of hyms

i've heard the black bull (think thats it - god! i should know i walk past it everyday!) is good - its opposite were the bands play

asteria

rickcowens said:
cool, so theres Hebden Bridge, sellers, ellend youth, ellend silver so far what a contest its gona be!! lol wunder what order that will be :? lol any one elss?
lol rick, for someone who depped for elland so much and lives so close you should know how to spell it! :lol:

I'll be popping home for the weekend and going along purely for the drinking! :guiness Fantastic day out, especially if the weather is as good as last year!

Helen

PS. how long has there been a McDonalds in Brighouse?! It appeared within a week i'm sure! And Tesco's too, brighouse is really going upmarket!

Euph-Bari

Helen V said:
[
PS. how long has there been a McDonalds in Brighouse?! It appeared within a week i'm sure! And Tesco's too, brighouse is really going upmarket!
theres a McDonalds in Brighouse?!?!?! where is that?

asteria

McDonalds

As you take the main road from Brighouse to Baliffe Bridge (towards Bradford) it's on the left. I came home one week and it was an empty plot of land, and when i came home the following week there was a McDonalds! Quite freaky how fast it was built, they're taking over the world!! :shock:

Helen