Brian ( Mitzi ) Wilkinson

Mello

Hi Folks, I am still desperately trying to locate Brian Wilkinson , (nickname Mitzi ), who was a member of CWS Manchester Band in the 50's. Originally from Eccles Nr Manchester, he was a cornet player in CWS , and we were close friends. He eventually went to live in the Midlands and was actively conducting bands in that region. The last I heard he may be in North Wales. If anyone out there has any ideas, of how I may contact him, please either post , or PM me. Thanks for your help. Mello

Ralph Wilkinson

Hi Folks, I am still desperately trying to locate Brian Wilkinson , (nickname Mitzi ), who was a member of CWS Manchester Band in the 50's. Originally from Eccles Nr Manchester, he was a cornet player in CWS , and we were close friends. He eventually went to live in the Midlands and was actively conducting bands in that region. The last I heard he may be in North Wales. If anyone out there has any ideas, of how I may contact him, please either post , or PM me. Thanks for your help. Mello
Hi I've just read this message unfortunately my father passed away in 2007 he was well known in the Nottingham area colliery band scene

Mello

Thanks Ralph for the info...but I am so so sorry he passed has away. Briefly :::
We lost touch when I moved to Spain, but amazingly his daughter ( your sister? ) was sitting next to me flying back to the UK. She had been on Hol & I was going to do work in the RNCM. Somehow we started chatting & she said ''Dad used to play in a band '' which one? ''CWS Mcr'' ! Name? ''Brian Wilkinson''... Wow . I was thrilled so I gave her my email and asked her to ask him to contact me. ( I wanted to invite him out to Spain etc but didnt tell her that ).
Back in Spain a few wks later I got a mail message simply headed ' Happy Days ' which came in idst a few unwanted sex type & scam mails...prevalent in Spain . I as usual, I deleted the lot instantly. Then it hit me ! Mitzy used to say that often, & tho I may be wrong I have a gut feeling it was from your dad . Sad thing as I didnt know but Knowing him, it would be a typical greeting. I have been gutted ever since.... we billeted together and were inseparable. I am so sorry that it is not to be. But had to let you know I thought the world of Mitzi.
I am now in my 80's & not in the best of health but so happy you took the trouble to let me know about his sad demise. Thank you Gordon Higginbottom

Ralph Wilkinson

Thanks Ralph for the info...but I am so so sorry he passed has away. Briefly :::
We lost touch when I moved to Spain, but amazingly his daughter ( your sister? ) was sitting next to me flying back to the UK. She had been on Hol & I was going to do work in the RNCM. Somehow we started chatting & she said ''Dad used to play in a band '' which one? ''CWS Mcr'' ! Name? ''Brian Wilkinson''... Wow . I was thrilled so I gave her my email and asked her to ask him to contact me. ( I wanted to invite him out to Spain etc but didnt tell her that ).
Back in Spain a few wks later I got a mail message simply headed ' Happy Days ' which came in idst a few unwanted sex type & scam mails...prevalent in Spain . I as usual, I deleted the lot instantly. Then it hit me ! Mitzy used to say that often, & tho I may be wrong I have a gut feeling it was from your dad . Sad thing as I didnt know but Knowing him, it would be a typical greeting. I have been gutted ever since.... we billeted together and were inseparable. I am so sorry that it is not to be. But had to let you know I thought the world of Mitzi.
I am now in my 80's & not in the best of health but so happy you took the trouble to let me know about his sad demise. Thank you Gordon Higginbottom
You're welcome Gordon 😊

Product tMP members are discussing