Breaking News!!!!!!!

ScrapingtheBottom

BigHorn said:
Er excuse me - but didn't Henry VIII set up the Church of England so he could divorce Catherine and marry Anne Bolynne, which he couldn't do under the catholic church.

Yes, but he didn't marry a woman who had been previously divorced. Edward VIII is the precedent here.

2nd man down

Staff member
ScrapingtheBottom said:
Yes, but he didn't marry a woman who had been previously divorced. Edward VIII is the precedent here.

But surely he only abdecated due to the moral standards of the day...there's nothing in the constitution says he had to...

and lets be fair...what church is really going to say "I don't care if you are the future king of England and the British Empire, you still can't marry a divorcee/horse!"?
It's just never gonna happen.

Breaking News!!!!

I don't think it is better to formalise the relationship.We might have to include yet another person on the Civil List. No, let her remain as his mistress[the job runs in her family--Mrs Keppel?] and let him pay for her himself.If he doesn't agree to this tell him he can buzz off just like his great-uncle,but this time tell him that the whole monarchy---yes the lot---goes too.
Spanky

ScrapingtheBottom

2nd man down said:
But surely he only abdecated due to the moral standards of the day...there's nothing in the constitution says he had to...

Never said there was.

and lets be fair...what church is really going to say "I don't care if you are the future king of England and the British Empire, you still can't marry a divorcee/horse!"?
It's just never gonna happen.

As I've said all along, but the church would have grounds if it so wished (as it did when Edward was king).

Will the Sec

Spanky Rear said:
I don't think it is better to formalise the relationship.We might have to include yet another person on the Civil List. No, let her remain as his mistress[the job runs in her family--Mrs Keppel?] and let him pay for her himself.If he doesn't agree to this tell him he can buzz off just like his great-uncle,but this time tell him that the whole monarchy---yes the lot---goes too.
Spanky

Prince Charles doesn't receive any payment from the civil list. He lives from the income achieved by his canny marketing of the Duchy of Cornwall. His sons do not receive civil list money either, and are not expected to once they are out of full time education. (Reference: Newsnight last night. Some MP had asked the Duchy of Cornwall to justify Prince Charles paying for flights of CPB, to which the answer was "It's my money, sod off." (Or similar. He's a bit more cultured that I am.))

Unless it has been explicitly stated in the news and I;ve missed it, there is thus no reason to expect that Camilla will receive anything from the civil list.

BbBill

Supporting Member
Dont really care one bit, as usual the media think its an absoultly brilliant story, each ones out to out-do each other with their reporting and everything gets way hyped up. At the end of the day as long as wills and Hars are happy and his mother gets a say in the wedding plans, who really cares?!!

Im sure the basic traditions are nearly going out the window in this day and age, modern day life has dramatically changed since ol' Liz became queen or even since Charles married Di! Or do I live too far north to get any benefit or even the jist of the royal family?!

If theres a day's holiday for the wedding, it'll not be any use to me, the cows still need to be milked and fed, and basically I would rather be working than watching some ponsy wedding....! ;)

kiwiposaune

Do either of them play Sop? All of a sudden I need one for my band for the NZ Nationals. Actually, I think NZ and Australia will have dumped the monarchy before Liz's demise so we don't need to worry much about this. We can now let our press go back to such topical stories as why the ALL Blacks haven't won the Rugby World Cup since 1987

yonhee

i saw sumit bout it on tv today dont see why its such a big deal it wouldnt be if it was anyone else (well more or less) theyre still just people or horses....Anyway yeh only my rather strange opinion...

Quite right Will.He provides for them all from his own income, and so he should given the tax breaks afforded by sycophantic governments.Wish I could get a tax break too. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he is marrying her as it is financially beneficial for her both now and later.Meanwhile we pay our taxes and he pays part of what [I think] he should.
Spanky

bigmamabadger

Y'all don't care so much you spent 2 pages discussing it... :p

I see no reason why they shouldn't marry each other, they should have done it 30 years ago when people were interested.
I think I might be a monarchist.
BMB
xx:)

super_sop

Supporting Member
bigmamabadger said:
Y'all don't care so much you spent 2 pages discussing it... :p

I see no reason why they shouldn't marry each other, they should have done it 30 years ago when people were interested.
I think I might be a monarchist.
BMB
xx:)

lmao! i was going to post something similar!!!!!

Fergus

Gosh...what a dilemma for me............ I don't know what colour of hat I should get??
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Actually...WHO CARES!!!

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Fergus said:
Actually...WHO CARES!!!

If it would've got me off work for the day, I would've, but unfortunately we are on easter holiday.

P.S. I hope Pythagoras posts on this thread :D

rutty

Thanks for ruining the evening News. More than half the broadcast dedicated to our future king marrying his mistress. How interesting.

Di

You should try being stuck at home with day time TV. Watched part of This Morning this morning, and the went on and on and on about it. Even the poor guests were questioned on their opinions about the big event before getting to discuss what they'd been invited on to discuss!

Roger Thorne

I'm not convinced about Elin McArthur looking like Philip McCann but Camilla doesn't half look like Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) from Coronation Street! They could almost be twins!

bowles.jpg

53-39654-sm.jpg

;)

Di

Yup, now there I do see a likeness. Except, blimey, she could drop you at twenty paces with that look!

Roger Thorne said:
I'm not convinced about Elin McArthur looking like Philip McCann but Camilla doesn't half look like Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) from Coronation Street! They could almost be twins!

bowles.jpg

53-39654-sm.jpg

;)

I agree !! Who remembers Sue Nicholls as "Miss Poppoff" in Rent-a-Ghost ?

Product tMP members are discussing