Breaking News!!!!!!!

super_sop

Supporting Member
just heard this on the radio

What do you think to that?
will she become queen, or do you think charlie will not become king?
 

ScrapingtheBottom

Active Member
IckleSop said:
who cares!!!! Hes Ugly Shes Ugly, going to hate to see the children

Luckily I think they are too old to have kids. Whether he becomes king or not rests on the Archbishop of Canterbury. Charles is marrying a divorcee so there is grounds for the church to refuse to accept him as their head and hence king (although I doubt this will happen).
 

Straightmute

Active Member
ScrapingtheBottom said:
Charles is marrying a divorcee so there is grounds for the church to refuse to accept him as their head and hence king (although I doubt this will happen).

So we could end up with King Adolph I ???

I feel a civil war coming on...

D
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
I must say I was pleased to hear the announcement. There are always going to be those who will not be happy about it, but after this time it is surely better to formalise the arrangement and have everything above board. Whatever the rights and wrongs of what happened in the past they should be able to share some happiness together, and I'm sure they wouldn't be going ahead unless William and Harry were in agreement about it.

Just heard she is going to be "Princess Consort", with the title "Duchess of Cornwall".
 

IckleSop

Active Member
ScrapingtheBottom said:
Luckily I think they are too old to have kids. Whether he becomes king or not rests on the Archbishop of Canterbury. Charles is marrying a divorcee so there is grounds for the church to refuse to accept him as their head and hence king (although I doubt this will happen).

You never know thou! but like i sed who cares
 

Darth_Tuba

Active Member
I'm rather annoyed that all the news will now be taken up by the goings on in a family of unelected spongers. Couldn't care less really.
 

2nd man down

Moderator
Staff member
What I'm most surprised at is that we all seem to have missed the press release announcing that bestiality has been legalised!! She looks so horse-like she could eat an apple through a wire mesh fence.


This post is not meant to imply in any way that 2nd man down has been awaiting the legalisation of bestiality, he was merely expressing surprise at having obviously missed it.
 

Big Fella

Member
The real question is..........

Do We Get Another Days Holiday For The Wedding ??????

Probably the only good thing to come out of it...
 

Di

Active Member
If they marry, can she get anyones head chopped off? Can she rule the country?
Why shouldn't he become King if he marries a divorcee? In what other job/position could you not get that promotion you've always wanted because of your choice of spouse?
He's just a man, she's just a woman! Why all the bl**dy fuss?
They're just a couple who wanna get married. Let 'em get on with it.

To be honest, I don't really care one way or the other, but I can't for the life of me understand the total uproar.

Food on the plate for the media though. And they're gonna be dining off it for years!

And yes please, a days holiday would be nice. Could then make the Hadleigh event a two day event. :biggrin:;)
 
Last edited:

ScrapingtheBottom

Active Member
Dinie said:
Why shouldn't he become King if he marries a divorcee?

Possibly because the King is the head of the Church of England, marrying a divorcee is not really in line with the traditional aspects of that denomination (although I very much doubt that this will stop him becoming king as we have divorced and remarried clergy).
 
As everyone has been saying, at least it's formalised but at the end of the day, most of us aren't really too bothered.

Mind you it'll give the papparazzi something to report about - imagine what fun Prince Harry could get up to at the post wedding drink up...... could be chasing bridesmaids and everything.....
 

BigHorn

Active Member
ScrapingtheBottom said:
Possibly because the King is the head of the Church of England, marrying a divorcee is not really in line with the traditional aspects of that denomination (although I very much doubt that this will stop him becoming king as we have divorced and remarried clergy).


Er excuse me - but didn't Henry VIII set up the Church of England so he could divorce Catherine and marry Anne Bolynne, which he couldn't do under the catholic church.
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
BigHorn said:
Er excuse me - but didn't Henry VIII set up the Church of England so he could divorce Catherine and marry Anne Bolynne, which he couldn't do under the catholic church.
He'd also had to get an annulment arranged to marry his first wife, as she'd previously been married to his brother who died. The pope agreed to that one, but would not do it a second time :eek:
 

Product tMP members are discussing

Top