Brass music downloads

craigster

Having recently delved into the digital audio player market, I was wondering if there are any specific sites that where you can pay a nominal per track fee to download brass band music.

I have checked all the common sites like Napster etc., but try and find some brass band music and you are toast.

So many CD's have the same tracks on them that it would be nice just to go to a site and pay a dollar or two for only those tracks that you want.

Anybody know of any legal sites out there for the brass band lover? If there are none, then what is best for British classical composers like Elgar?

Thanks!

euphfanhan

I have recently discovered the joys of chandos. :p I've always been put off downloading by subscription fees, but with Chandos it's something like 40p per track for upto 5 minutes and 80p for anything longer. A whole album costs £4.80. Not sure the equivalent in dollars, but its definately a bargain. It's a classical site as well, but theres a lot of black dyke/ besses tracks (and more) and a load of Gordon Langford stuff that's worth checking out. The site is www.chandos.net . Hope this helps.

Accidental

Supporting Member
Edit: Please only provide links to legal download locations/sites. (dyl)

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Glynn

Only problem with the Chandos website is getting it to work in the first place, their registration pages don't seem to be working at the moment.

euphfanhan

Neil Glynn said:
Only problem with the Chandos website is getting it to work in the first place, their registration pages don't seem to be working at the moment.

It's probably only temporary, I only registered a few days ago, it was working then.

craigster

Thanks, I will try Chandos. That is exactly the kind of deal I was looking for.

When will World of Brass offer this service?

trumpetmike

Canadian Brass have got a number of online recordings available. Well worth checking out (although you will have to put up with them using proper instruments - such as trumpets and a french horn;) )

NeilW

Don't forget www.brasscast.com where you can download various "programmes" of music from bands round the world (you can even listen to Stonesfield - a "must have" for any collection!!!)

There's a little brass music (but not bands) on www.allofmp3.com, who are very cheap for downloads.

Neil.