Brass In Concert

Am I missing a thread or is everything quiet in this regard on tMP?

Looking forward to this contest immensely. Lots to see and hear, new conductor at Grimey, appearances by Eikanger and also our Austrian friends (can't spell it!), new conductor at Reg Vardy (talk about leaving it late!) another new conductor at Whitburn and Brighouse seeking to defend their title.

Anyone else going?

Mount Media

Don't panic brother, I will be there.

From the line-up of bands it looks like it could be even better than last year. I think Brighouse deserved it last year but could be up against the ropes this year.

I'm hoping to hear the usual mix of sublime to surreal arrangements.

See you all there

It's going to be a fantastic day at The Sage - I can't wait.

Very best of luck to Reg Vardy - number 1 draw and the only band to compete every single year since the start of the contest. Go for it guys and gals, we are behind you 100%:clap: :clap: :clap:

mjwarman

I've never been before and am really looking forward to it!!!

Can't wait to see what an entertainment contest really should be like!!

Bass Man

It's going to be a fantastic day at The Sage - I can't wait.

Very best of luck to Reg Vardy - number 1 draw and the only band to compete every single year since the start of the contest. Go for it guys and gals, we are behind you 100%:clap: :clap: :clap:

Same Here. Good luck Reg Vardy!

Lauradoll

Thanks peeps! Just to clarify though, our "new conductor" for the weekend is Steve Malcolm who is the band resident and has been for the last 10 years or so....

Looking forward to Sunday despite the early draw, hoping to see loads of old pals and catching up. It should be a great day out. See yas there (out of my sleepy eyes!!)

Our new look website is also up and running- have a look

www.regvardyband.co.uk

Good luck to all competing :)

'Mon the band!!

geordiecolin

Best of luck Reg Vardy and Steve, who as Laura has indicated is an experienced and successful conductor in his own right.

JimboFB

We (PolySteel) aren't going this year. To be honest it was so cold up there last year that us Southern Softies havent quite thawed out yet!:cool:

tubafran

Looking forward to going again (to watch and learn) this year. I thought last year was just terrific and the mix of UK and European Bands should make for an interesting result.

Big shame that Sellers arn't there but will be supporting a couple of friends in Hepworth.

Di

Good luck to everyone taking part.

If you haven't done so already, don't forget to pop along to Prediction Central to make your predictions. ;)

smiler44

Yes indeed good luck to Steve and all my old mates at Reg Vardy ,Things can only get better ,at least you have dropped the lead weight that was around your necks.You will know what i mean.

smiler44

Well Bu%$£& me i thought my secret was safe with you Holmes.Hell was it that obvious i hoped the smiler bit would act as a deterrent.obviously seen through my disguise,Good luck any way.

Thanks peeps! Just to clarify though, our "new conductor" for the weekend is Steve Malcolm who is the band resident and has been for the last 10 years or so....

Looking forward to Sunday despite the early draw, hoping to see loads of old pals and catching up. It should be a great day out. See yas there (out of my sleepy eyes!!)

Our new look website is also up and running- have a look

www.regvardyband.co.uk

Good luck to all competing :)

'Mon the band!!

I think a band breakfast at Lloyds No 1 on the quayside approx 10.30am is in order.....what d'ya reckon Laura?

Grimethorpe have the personnel to put this contest in the bag quite easily - it all depends on what entertainment works with each band as thats what won the contest last year - even if Grimey did play better than the rest.