Brass Fusion- Bridgewater Hall- NYBBGB, Bollywood...

drummergurl

Brass Fusion - The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester - Saturday May 1st, 7pm

National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain
Bollywood Brass Band
Wardle Youth Band
Rochdale Youth Band
St. Helens Youth Band
Stockport Schools Band

Performance to include world premiere of specially commissioned work by Errollyn Wallen
Tickets: telephone 0161 907 9000

ill be there playing with st helens youth, hope some of you tmp lot, will come

Well Worth It

Can anyone confirm that Errollyn Wallen has been comissioned to write for the NYBB before.
I seem to remember something about a car.
Was it called 'Chrome' or something similar??

Straightmute

Well Worth It said:
Can anyone confirm that Errollyn Wallen has been comissioned to write for the NYBB before.
I seem to remember something about a car.
Was it called 'Chrome' or something similar??

Correct. Premiered at Harrogate International Festival 5 (?) years ago. I know 'cos I was there. Sounded good in performance but EH was tearing his hair out in rehearsal over problems with the parts.

D

Naomi McFadyen

Very enjoyable concert last night... well done to all who took part... even ended 4 minutes before 9.30! :p

Good to see a few familiar faces afterwards as well, including Neil Twist and also Sarah aka drummergurl... (I noticed you didn't call me old g*t mate ;-))

Di

First of all I would like to congratulate all the kids on an excellent concert.

But most of all I would like Kate (Blue Smarties) and other friends in the NYBB for taking care of Vickitorious throughout the afternoon and evening.

As many of them were aware, Vicki’s day started off by being rushed by ambulance into the Manchester Royal Infirmary suffering from bouts of severe chest pains. She underwent all the usual tests for heart problems but was very quickly and thankfully diagnosed as having costochondtritis, an inflammation in the cartilages where the ribs join the breastbone. She was given pain killers and after an hour’s observation was sent on her way.

With the panic behind her, Vicki was desperate to get back to the hall and to get on with rehearsals, leaving us somewhat bewildered (who, what, where how?). Seeing her sat on stage and smiling away sure as heck made the whole performance all the more enjoyable. Well done Kiddo.

drummergurl

Naruco said:
Very enjoyable concert last night... well done to all who took part... even ended 4 minutes before 9.30! :p

Good to see a few familiar faces afterwards as well, including Neil Twist and also Sarah aka drummergurl... (I noticed you didn't call me old g*t mate ;-))

knew there was summat i 4got. although i had to get on my bus b4 it left without me

Naomi McFadyen

it should have been the first thing to say to me really ;-)
But yea, never seen you run so fast to the bus... and Neil too! :lol:

See you on Saturday :D

neiltwist

Dinie said:
First of all I would like to congratulate all the kids on an excellent concert.

But most of all I would like Kate (Blue Smarties) and other friends in the NYBB for taking care of Vickitorious throughout the afternoon and evening.

As many of them were aware, Vicki’s day started off by being rushed by ambulance into the Manchester Royal Infirmary suffering from bouts of severe chest pains. She underwent all the usual tests for heart problems but was very quickly and thankfully diagnosed as having costochondtritis, an inflammation in the cartilages where the ribs join the breastbone. She was given pain killers and after an hour’s observation was sent on her way.

With the panic behind her, Vicki was desperate to get back to the hall and to get on with rehearsals, leaving us somewhat bewildered (who, what, where how?). Seeing her sat on stage and smiling away sure as heck made the whole performance all the more enjoyable. Well done Kiddo.

well, i knew nothing of this, but i saw vicky at various points throughout the day, and she was looking great to me.

Anyway, was anyone else from nybb there who is on here?

by the way, passacaglia in C(bach, arr. snell) was amazing!

Vickitorious

Thanx! I really enjoyed the concert as well!

tbh, i couldn't beleive what had happened to me that day! I felt so bad in the morning and then by the time it came to the concert I was back to my normal bouncey self, it was as if it hadn't happend! Strange, but yes, I'm fine now thankyou! I wasn't gonna let a little thing like being ill come between me and my playing! :twisted: :p

neiltwist

Vickitorious said:
Thanx! I really enjoyed the concert as well!

tbh, i couldn't beleive what had happened to me that day! I felt so bad in the morning and then by the time it came to the concert I was back to my normal bouncey self, it was as if it hadn't happend! Strange, but yes, I'm fine now thankyou! I wasn't gonna let a little thing like being ill come between me and my playing! :twisted: :p

yes, bouncy is the word, I bet you don't know who i am though, keep randomly seeing you at nybb stuff and also at CiN!

drummergurl

Naruco said:
it should have been the first thing to say to me really ;-)
But yea, never seen you run so fast to the bus... and Neil too! :lol:

See you on Saturday :D

lol haha yes it probably should have been the first thing i said to you but at that point in time i was absolutely shattered and wanted to sleep so it didnt cross my mind until you mentioned it then. i think its the only time uve seen me run, and take note of it its a rare occasion. anywayz i had to run further than neil coz he got on the back of the bus and i had to go to the front of the bus luckily i made it on the bus b4 my name was called out in the register so i saved myself some embarrassment there!

c ya saturday!

Naomi McFadyen

:lol: Yea prolly was the first time I saw you run. Did thing that after I posted actually... Yea I noticed Neil got on one end and you dashed to the other... looked about ready to leave!

Looking forward to Saturday- should be a good exciting day all round... Talk on msn soon before then no doubt anyway! lol

;-)

drummergurl

yeah there was about 10 names read before mine when i got on the bus so i was alright and didnt miss the bus, nice seeing ya!! although if i had got on the back of the bus our conductor would have noticed me gettin on a little later than every1 else, coz i would have had to get past her on the stairs to get to where i was sat. so get on the front instead and save confrontation with conductor!