Brass duets

daveredhead

Hi I am looking for a reasonably difficult trumpet duet, that we can play on two sops, so would prefer duet in top range with reasonable difficulty, if piano part is available then we could transpose the piano parts to suit sops . We are hoping to play at this years Summer School. To give an idea of what we require, last year we played Vivaldi's Bb Trumpet Concerto for two trumpets and Orchestra. but we played on two sops, with re-arranged piano parts to suit if I can be pointed in right direction, then could hopefully purchase parts

Tom-King

There's always this one Dave... I think it may even have been you that gave me the soloist parts for it?

(How are you doing by the way, haven't spoken to you for far too long)

daveredhead

hi Tom We played that one about 4years ago, me on top sop and Gill English (EnglishGill ) played bottom ,leaving her beloved tenor just to play it . Think there is a copy floating round somewhere am fine thanks !! you back on sop then

daveredhead

How about the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (Handel)? Re-arrange the two Oboe parts for two sops, and the string parts for piano. I reckon there are already transcriptions of this as I've played one for a wedding where we did it on two Eb trumpets and had Organ accompany.

Here's a link to the original orchestration:

http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=140

Hi Simon, what a great idea, will look into it over weekend Thanks again

Tom-King

hi Tom We played that one about 4years ago, me on top sop and Gill English (EnglishGill ) played bottom ,leaving her beloved tenor just to play it . Think there is a copy floating round somewhere am fine thanks !! you back on sop then

Aye, back playing again... and yes, on sop, what else? :)

daveredhead

How about the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (Handel)? Re-arrange the two Oboe parts for two sops, and the string parts for piano. I reckon there are already transcriptions of this as I've played one for a wedding where we did it on two Eb trumpets and had Organ accompany.

Here's a link to the original orchestration:

http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=140

Hi Simon, thanks for info , have looked at score and seems ideal for us. We have found a site that allows us to download Trumpet parts. As you have already played it , do you still have the organ part?? if so could we please borrow it, if you have trumpet parts that would be a great bonus, we would be happy to pay for any expenses you may incur, Many thanks :clap: