Brass Bands England Lifetime Achievement Award 2019

Mello

May I through these columns Thank all the people who sent me congratulations and good wishes on my receiving the BBE Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 . during the BBE Conference in Manchester on 28th Sept. I have to say it was a very , big surprise , and a really weird feeling.

I can best describe it as being in a solo contest, ...where you play , and at the end, either win a prize or not .. receiving this award was like going to a solo contest, NOT playing and then being awarded a prize ! ...obviously an error..as it really should have been given to someone who played !!
Left me feeling a bit like a cheat , taking home someone else's trophy. Hard to get my head round.
My conscience is just starting to ease 3 days later.

Thank you BBE and all those who sent me their good wishes. Gordon Higginbottom

John Brooks

Hi Gordon,

Because you are such a great man, you are taking the modest route. I'm sure I won't be the first or the last to remind you that your trophy wasn't for playing (or not playing) a single solo at a contest, it was for a Lifetime of Achievement. A lifetime of great solo and band performances as player, conductor and adjudicator. Let your conscience rest Gordon, because you are truly deserving of this recognition. To try and put it in the context of your analogy, this recognizes your consistent and amazing lifetime performance of Terry Camsey's "Life's Pageant". You deserve it; enjoy it!

Mello

Hi Gordon,

Because you are such a great man, you are taking the modest route. I'm sure I won't be the first or the last to remind you that your trophy wasn't for playing (or not playing) a single solo at a contest, it was for a Lifetime of Achievement. A lifetime of great solo and band performances as player, conductor and adjudicator. Let your conscience rest Gordon, because you are truly deserving of this recognition. To try and put it in the context of your analogy, this recognizes your consistent and amazing lifetime performance of Terry Camsey's "Life's Pageant". You deserve it; enjoy it!
Thanks for your kind words....as I mentioned ..I am gradually accepting it ..just a strange feelinG to begin with.

Slider1

Hi Gordon,

Congratulations, After all these years your work on "Der Footzundtappen" has finally been rewarded

Well done;););)

sop@55

May I through these columns Thank all the people who sent me congratulations and good wishes on my receiving the BBE Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 . during the BBE Conference in Manchester on 28th Sept. I have to say it was a very , big surprise , and a really weird feeling.

I can best describe it as being in a solo contest, ...where you play , and at the end, either win a prize or not .. receiving this award was like going to a solo contest, NOT playing and then being awarded a prize ! ...obviously an error..as it really should have been given to someone who played !!
Left me feeling a bit like a cheat , taking home someone else's trophy. Hard to get my head round.
My conscience is just starting to ease 3 days later.

Thank you BBE and all those who sent me their good wishes. Gordon Higginbottom
Hi, and well deserved. I only met you through the Summer School at Oxford for a few years, but you made a lasting impression...a good one! attached are a few photos of those courses. all the best, Graeme.

Attachments

Mello

Wow Thank you Graeme, That certainly is a blast from the past. One for my Scrapbook for sure. And thankyou for your kind words. Cheers Gordon