Brass band romances

Mesmerist

So in view of a certain budding romance happening right here on tmp (I`ll spare his blushes) may I ask how many of you met your significant other half through a brass band?

sunshine

Yep. I did and so did others at Corby Silver Band

1) I play 1st Bari and married the Solo euph in 2004.

2) Our solo horn married the 1st horn in 2005.

3) Not yet married but one of our solo cornets is dating the 2nd euph.

We are all one big happy family. :p

Shaggy

I met mine through an add she placed in exchange and mart as follows......Woman available, low mileage, FSH,"tennis fan" tendancies, BOBFOC, FAFTAF.....no time wasters.

What goes around - comes around!

Natural Justice? Karma? Who knows!

1. One of my pals introduces me to banding :cool:
2. I drag one of my other new pals to a rehearsal to play cornet for us ;)
3. They end up getting married - Result! :tup
4. After 17 years, a bandroom, 8 houses, 7 jobs, inbetween - I meet the woman I'm to marry in 2008, in a bandroom! So he introduced us too! :rolleyes:

MoominDave

Well, not exactly in a band - actually playing Wagner operas in a barn in the middle of nowhere (*). But definitely within a brassy context.

(*) The contrabass trombone - patented sex magnet...

An intriguing observation related to the high level of inter-brass breeding that goes on is the number of players, mostly female in my experience, who grow up playing in bands, enjoying the scene, who find themselves a banding partner when they grow up - and then proceed to drop the playing side of it fairly swiftly. Sometimes it comes with needing to look after a new family, but quite often it seems to me that these people keep banding until it's given them a partner, and then feel that their playing in the band has served its purpose. We all have different priorities, I suppose, but that generally looks a bit surprising to me.

Mesmerist

moominDave that is a touch cynical about the female bandies. Sometimes it is hard with young children to find regular babysitters/ and to afford them so it tends to be the hubby who continues. I think if I was searching for a hobby that brought me into contact with potential mates I would now be more sensible and discover where the merchant bankers go! X

MoominDave

Well, at first I thought that was the explanation too - but I can think of several instances (at least 5 off the top of my head, and there are plenty more, I am sure) where no babies were yet on the scene.

Hells Bones

My current girlfriend is a bander, though not in the same section, area or even country :( the joys of university eh?