Brass band romances

tam-tam2

I met my girlfriend in the tMP Whit Friday band of 2006. Since then I have moved to Devon and am Loving being principal cornet of Lympstone Band! I am off to Wales today though!!!

rachelbaritone

Yes, my lovely bloke and I met on a Cawston Band trip to Koblenz. Our eyes met across the music stand he was putting up for me, our elbows bumped and he even clouted me round the head with his euph!! 'Twas love at first sight. A few technical hitches delayed our getting together but we're now co-habiting. Wouldn't change things for the world :p

brassbandmaestro

Well in the days of yore when you are a youngster, one does silly things!! Well I had a fling with the bands solo trombone player's girlfriend!! Then sometime later I met my first wife. Now though, I have married again to a great woman and she does the catering and the band tea breaks!! (So she is an honary bandsperson, yeah!?!?!?)

emmah

I met Matt at Dove Holes band four years ago. We now have two children aged three and six months and are planning on getting married in the near future

Yes - I met my better (or so she says) half at band too many years ago to mention.

Now after twenty years of happy (or so I am told) marriage and two girls later (14 & 12), all four of us play for the same band that we met at all those years ago.

Who says I'm not an old romantic?

Horny H

I was going out with the MD of a band I was playing with for 3 and a half years but had to leave when I dumped him for the percussionist! We are still together 6 years later, married for almost 3 years with a gorgeous baby boy who's almost 1.

Chunky

Yes, my lovely bloke and I met on a Cawston Band trip to Koblenz. Our eyes met across the music stand he was putting up for me, our elbows bumped and he even clouted me round the head with his euph!! 'Twas love at first sight. A few technical hitches delayed our getting together but we're now co-habiting. Wouldn't change things for the world :p

You missed out the real reason - seeing Steve beat the living daylights out of a vending machine, whilst only dressed in his underwear, because it stole his money and would not give him his bedtime bar of chocolate!

A few technical hitches - lol!!!!!

Our band likes to keep it in the family too
Principle Cornet is partner of percussionist
The other two percussionists are married
2nd man down is married to 2nd cornet
Rep is married to flugal
1st Horn is married to Euph
Princliple trom is married to solo horn
EB bass is going out with flugal and reps daughter who plays horn for another band.
1st euph is going out with horn player from another band
sop and 3rd cornet are mother and daughter.
And im married to the secretary!! and my two daughters also play in the band

I met my boyfriend when I depped for a friend's band, although we didn't even speak at the concert, it was the above mentioned friend's birthday party a few days later and i bumped in to him then!! We have been together for over a year now and it gets better every day!!

Mesmerist

I met my boyfriend when I depped for a friend's band, although we didn't even speak at the concert, it was the above mentioned friend's birthday party a few days later and i bumped in to him then!! We have been together for over a year now and it gets better every day!!

I had you mixed up with Hells Bones for a moment. Whoops. Didn`t think anthony was gay so got quite confused...

I met mine (no 2!!) at band. i didn`t like him very much but he was persistent and I have to say has grown on me somewhat...been together for nearly 8 years now and we have 2 beautiful daughters but no cat (or dog)

peps

I met my bloke in band and we are getting married in November this year. Its great becuase I am principal and he is rep, so it is the one place I can get away with bossing him about.

The band I play in used to have a great social life until a couple of players decided to mess about a little. Of course it all came out in the open and now we have a band were half the people don't speak to each other anymore. Every band is full of scandals etc. but it is amazing how some drunken fumblings can have such a big impact.

Accidental

Supporting Member
There are 4 couples in the band, plus 5 people whose OHs play in different bands. I only ever went out with one guy who wasn't a bander, and he just didn't get it!

On the downside..... I know of at least 12 marriages that have gone down the pan because of bands (or particular people in them!)

Product tMP members are discussing