Brass Band Registry.

dibbler

Check your cards well when they come back. Just checked our bands and 1 the first name is wrong on both the white cover sheet and the card while the second the name is right on the card but not on the sheet.
An email was sent Friday night and am waiting a reply.

LynneW

So, how is this better than BBBR?

It doesn't sound like it is. In something like 20 years that I've been Contest Secretary for various bands I think I only every had about 2 errors in all those years.
Dibbler, Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I check them well when they arrive.

Ours came back with one spelling mistake on the card (correct on the sheet) and I was told to amend it myself. All went smoothly in registration on Sunday.

zippy

Our new cards had the bands name spelt wrong on several cards and dates of birth were wrong on some as well!!!!!!!

stevetrom

Our new cards had the bands name spelt wrong on several cards and dates of birth were wrong on some as well!!!!!!!

How?

We (or our contest secretary) filled out the names, date of birth, etc ourselves so I can't understand how the cards could be wrong?

How?

We (or our contest secretary) filled out the names, date of birth, etc ourselves so I can't understand how the cards could be wrong?

How, correct information supplied, incorrectly copied by the registry. Perhap that single chappy trying to do the work of five is getting a little stressed!

Looks like BBE are gearing up for round two with their press release on all4brass.

Could be some interesting Regional Committee AGM's coming up?

James Yelland

Quite possibly, but if the AGM's follow the route that NoE seem to be indicating, there could be some interesting times ahead.

Indeed. Perhaps we shall be seeing those individuals in the vanguard of the anti-Kapitol brigade putting themselves forward for election to their respective area committees, the better to take the fight to the enemy. Or perhaps not. We shall see. Seize the moment, comrades!

mikelyons

Supporting Member
As I write, my band are still not in possession of their Kapitol cards, though Nikki told me last night that she had a "We have something for you" card through the door. Could it be them? Only 4 days to the contest...

stevetrom

All our cards came back, correct information, and in plenty of time.

If some bands decided to wait until the last possible moment before applying for new cards with Kapitol they may have contributed to the last minute rush and the problems that may cause.

Accidental

Supporting Member
Maybe some bands didn't have the chance to get their cards in early because they were struggling to sort out players and/or get the photos and forms done for everyone (I resorted to taking pics of some of our guys with my own camera because they never got round to it. lol!).
And maybe the registry has ensured they have enough staff to deal with the inevitable last minute rush that always happens before contests even without folk having to sort out whole bands' worth of cards in one go....

Our cards also came back quickly and efficiently (I had left it as late as possible to ensure that a player who has been away in New Zealand for 6 weeks could sign his card and get them all done in one go) but this was never about the staff at the respective registries whom all seem to do a wonderful job - it was about bands being forced to do something they didn't want or need to do!

boourns

This. What good does this continued bickering do us all?
If you had put a lot of work in to an enterprise, if you'd then had to put even more work in to keep it running in the face of a determined sabotage attempt, if you employed people, would you blithely be able to give it up to avoid a bit of bickering?