Brass Band "Monopoly"?

bbg

Just caught a radio news report on the way home, discussing an Inverness version of Monopoly substituting local place names for those on the "classic" board. I know that there are many such versions out there now - but it set me thinking......

If there was a Brass Band Monopoly set, which bands, places and personalities would feature?

Which 3 of the "big boys" would make it onto the expensive properties? Brighouse? Dyke? Cory? Grimey?

What about "Community Chest" and "Chance"? How about "Adjudicators Remarks" ("your horns were out of tune - go back 3 spaces" or "troms even louder than ever before - go to jail, do not pass go") or "Luck of the Draw" ("drawn 1 - stay out of the bar, go straight to registration" or "your name came out the hat to get a visit from Sue Perkins (!) ").

Get the thinking caps on - but remember, keep it clean(ish) and fun!!

andyp

Why not make one? They do a DIY set with a blank board and a CD-ROM which does all the labels and cards for you, it''s designed to make one for your own town but it probably wouldn't take much altering.

WhatSharp?

you could have contests in place of train stations :) .. Nationals, British Open, Masters, European

Whit Friday ( Saddlworth & Tameside ) instead of Utilities?

Jail I'm assuming would be the adjudicators box :D

David Mann

Chance card:
You have won 2nd prize (4th section) at a Whit Friday contest. Collect £10 from each player (subject to appeals).

Di

Chance card : "Superglued lips together, go back three spaces." ;)

Community Chest: "Dropped mute on stage, pay £10 to each player".

WhatSharp?

Ah but is Go the Bandroom or the Bar? .... can't see any self respecting bandsman, NOT passing Bar and collecting 200 pints! :D

DublinBass

Supporting Member
I would think jail would be "relegation"
Get out of jail free = you won your appeal and avoid relegation

As far as the main properties go...would it be best to keep it all in the UK (as there are 8 sets of properties which could match the 8 regions in the UK quite well...so the first street would have Redbridge/Aveley and RegVardy/EYMS/NASUWT)

Or would you want to make it more international (e.g. front row might have Fountain City/Ohio for America and Woolston/Kew/XLCR for the southern hemisphere...move on to Europe, etc...)?

Bass Man

What about the pieces?

Would they be in the shape of instruments? or various items of brass band paraphernalia i.e. a mute, valve oil, a duster etc or even something like a pint glass and a coach.

Bass Man

Just had an idea for a chance card: Rehearsal every night leading up to the contest - go straight to the dog house