Brass at the Guild. Who's playing?

Andy_Euph

You know something we don't?
No I was just wondering if the predicted bad weather was going to have an effect on the contest. Plus there are normally some kind of withdrawls late on in the day and was just wondering if any bands weren't going tomorrow...could mean a quicker finish to get to the bar :biggrin:

Best of luck to everyone :clap:

flugtastic

I have been told that Besses Boys have had to withdraw due to unforseen circumstances.
strange seeming tho one of there players has just updated thier status to "has sorted the uniform for tomorrow. First contest with Besses- COME ON!!!!!" on facebook :confused:

Posh

strange seeming tho one of there players has just updated thier status to "has sorted the uniform for tomorrow. First contest with Besses- COME ON!!!!!" on facebook :confused:
She's not wrong there, I've just read the same thing updated about an hour ago. Maybe Besses Boys have withdrawn before the list of bands was put on 4 bars rest, but as far as I know Besses are still going.

Crazysop

Well done to Andy and Copull & Standish, a great result (2nd) in the third section!
Well done also to Haslingden in the 2nd section too, nice 1!!

ian perks

Ive just got back to Snow covered Walsall again.
Well i heard ALL the bands in 4th section and Champ/1st section.
4th section i was left:confused: by results:
Parr played really well and were not no worse than 2nd!!!!!! i told members of the band as well,they were gobsmacked when they found out where thet came!!!!!!
In my opionion the results were very poor for 4th section:mad:
The Championsnip/1st section ;
some great playing by all the bands not a real bad performance at all:clap:
first 4 bands deserved to be in prizes well there was a good adjudicator who knew what they were listening to!!!!!!!
My first 4 were slighty differnet but only slighty out;
1 Soverign
2 Freckelton
3 Jackfield
4 Pemberton.
I saw Brian Kelly and also had a chat to Nick& Alison Childs;)
On that note i will say a great day i really enjoyed it for a total of £6 entry &programme a great day out!!!!!:tup

Eb_Alex

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Massive congratulations to Adie and everyone at Blackley...another win under our belts! Thank you to everyone that offered their congratulations as well.

G-man

4th section

I heard all the 4th section bands today and thought the standard was high. Blackley (well done Aide), Sale and Formby all put in performances with quality musical moments. Those playing the area piece not quite there yet - but Parr the closest with 2 excellent movements. Martin the best Sop. player at this level!
Of course - these are just the opinions of one guy (with 39 years experience!).
Graham

Anno Draconis

Well done to Andy and Copull & Standish, a great result (2nd) in the third section!
Cheers!

3rd section (from memory):

1: Eccleston (played Spectrum :eek:)
2: Coppull & Standish :clap: (Played Triptych)
3: Morecambe(? I think)
4: Thornton Clevelys - whose solo cornet got best soloist as well

Congrats to Blackley, 2nd great result on the trot!

Boneman

My band (Jackfield) were really pleased with 4th place today. We felt we played well for our first contest back in the top section. It pretty much well went to plan - Many thanks Simon!! (our new conductor)

Only heard Sovereign Band, who played a great performance of Diversions on a Bass Theme! (extra pleased to be only one point off that performance!)

Masterblaster jnr

Cheers!

3rd section (from memory):

1: Eccleston (played Spectrum :eek:)
2: Coppull & Standish :clap: (Played Triptych)
3: Morecambe(? I think)
4: Thornton Clevelys - whose solo cornet got best soloist as well

Congrats to Blackley, 2nd great result on the trot!
SPECTRUM!!!!!!!!:eek:.
Good god that's hard for the 3rd section.....

Well Done Mark B with Pemberton. great result :tup.

Does anyone know what pieces the top section bands played. Mark told me Pemberton were doing Music of The Spheres...any others??

jonford

Does anyone know what pieces the top section bands played. Mark told me Pemberton were doing Music of The Spheres...any others??
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know:

Rainford- Trittico
Hade Edge- Pentacle
Newstead- Contest Music
Jackfield- Trittico
Fishburn- Lowry Sketchbook
Longridge- Pentacle
Sovereign Brass- Diversions on a Bass Theme
Wire Brass- Salute to Youth
Freckleton- Variations on an Enigma
Pemberton- Music of the Spheres

AndyCat