Boys or Girls

Girl Or Boys?

• Total voters

jameshowell

Well I'm one tick for the male box...

Though wouldn't it make sense to put on a poll with the two options rather than relying on posts... 8)

Jo Elson

i think there would be more males actually. but in our band there is a balanced amount of both, i think it's 17girls and 18boys, inc conductor.

jameshowell

I've always found it as being fairly equal in all the bands that I've encountered.

Although Fairey FP (Music) Band are all-male, and gave a great rendition of "there's nothing like a dame" at a concert I went to about a year ago... :lol:

eckyboy

5 females in my band-2 cornets,a flugal,a baritone and an Eb Bass.
Sorry-2 percussion as well-sorry bongos :oops:

manx_yessir

jameshowell said:
Although Fairey FP (Music) Band are all-male, and gave a great rendition of "there's nothing like a dame" at a concert I went to about a year ago... :lol:

Brings back scary memories Nothing Like A Dame, Gordon Higginbottam made us play the Fairy Band version at our subscription concert one year....oh the shame, having to sing like that :oops: :roll:

Anyway, back on topic....I think the male/female quota is pretty even in our band.

Steve

Weve got a pretty even split, 13 gals and 15 lads. Wasn't there a thread like this before? Anyone got the link?

Cornishwomble

jameshowell said:

Our bass section played this at our last xmas concert in full drag! Now that was a very very scary sight :shock:

Bones

ScrapingtheBottom said:
10/27 I think - not too bad.

Just a question though - What about boy power?

12 in ours and three of them are on solo chairs..

But can I get a shirt ironed.....................(pause for beatings to begin) :wink:

Bones said:
12 in ours and three of them are on solo chairs..

But can I get a shirt ironed.....................(pause for beatings to begin) :wink:

Wow Rich, was surprised that you managed to count that high!! :wink: Was going to ask what happened when you ran out of fingers but better leave it.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I wouldn't trust us to iron your shirts, there could be a little accident involved with too much starch!!! :twisted: :twisted:

ScrapingtheBottom said:
Just a question though - What about boy power?

Sorry I didnt now you could get Boy Power when i was writtin the topic my Cousin was listening to Spice Girls if thats what there called (how sad :roll: ) I cant believe it that she actually still likes them. Anyways is tere Boy POWER. I thought boys had one thing Muppetitus. (mmmm new word :roll: :lol: :eek: ) Can we add that word to the dictionary becasue i like it. :lol:

ScrapingtheBottom

lilcornetgirl said:
Sorry I didnt now you could get Boy Power when i was writtin the topic my Cousin was listening to Spice Girls if thats what there called (how sad :roll: ) I cant believe it that she actually still likes them. Anyways is tere Boy POWER. I thought boys had one thing Muppetitus. (mmmm new word :roll: :lol: :eek: ) Can we add that word to the dictionary becasue i like it. :lol:

Boy Power was around when Girl Power was still a twinkle in a record producer's eye.