Booze ( ? )

Name your favourite tipple

• Total voters

Dave Payn

Okiedokie of Oz said:
So you don't mind Aussie beer then??? Cuz everyone else around here does!

Well we all know never to take the pee out of Aussie beer as it would lose its flavour! ;-)

neiltwist

bruceg said:
Just found myself a local beer brewed here in Fort Collins, Colorado - O'Dell's 90/-. Not as good as Stella but 4 pints along with a 16oz prime rib certainly went down well :D

If you get a chance to go to Estes Park, they do some not to bad beer, wouldn't go out of the way for it, but they may stock it in a supermarket or 'pub' or something around there.

Kernewek Den said:
You can't get better than a pint of Betty's

NEWstogs.gif

Brewed by the Skinner's Brewery, Truro, Cornwall

Home of hand-crafted, traditional cask and bottle conditioned ales

www.skinnersbrewery.com

Prior to a band rehearsal in Brighouse (yorkshire co-op band), we went to a pub (the name escapes me, but it's a wetherspoons establishment) and I happened to see this beer on hand-pull, unfortunatly i opted for 'winter heatwave' which was very good. if it is still there next week, i'll try a pint

Ann-Marie

Not_Jus_An_Object said:
i drink anything that the other band members are willingto buy me.... really increases your knowledge of alcohol :guiness

That is a very good tactic, and one I practice myself and have done for a number of years. Although I have learnt that its never wise to try to keep up with certain bass players as Big Fella will confirm if he reads this! I will never touch flavoured vodka again!

bruceg

neiltwist said:
bruceg said:
Just found myself a local beer brewed here in Fort Collins, Colorado - O'Dell's 90/-. Not as good as Stella but 4 pints along with a 16oz prime rib certainly went down well :D

If you get a chance to go to Estes Park, they do some not to bad beer, wouldn't go out of the way for it, but they may stock it in a supermarket or 'pub' or something around there.

Didn't have time to go anywhere out of the way unfortunately but I did manage to sample 4 different locally brewed 90/- before I came back home. Not a bad week's work :)

I know that this is a shameless resurrection of my own thread, but now that tMP has over 2000 members. Us Huddersfieldians need to know what drinks to get for tMP night out.

See, i can be sensible (for a bass player)

p.s. I'm not getting the first round, or the second, ...etc etc etc

Trigger

Right here goes:
Double vodka lemonade and lime
Smirnoff Black
Bacardi Breezers (any flavour except orange)
FCUK Cranberry
Vodka Mudshake (chocolate)
Baileys
(in no particular order. I like them all the same)

2nd man down

Staff member
Youngers No3 (Like rocket fuel!!)
Theakstons Old Peculiar (Has to be a good un tho!)
or if none of the above are available
Guinness or Murpheys Stout.

and failing any of those (or any Whit Friday) anything that remotely resembles a liquid substance with an alcoholic content.

BoozyBTrom

jambo said:
Once had a nasty incident after a session of that stuff at pontins once, still, thats another story...

Ha Ha ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA

I love that story. You have never managed to live that down. He He.

Jim Beam for me. No Ice No Mixer they are for girls.

geordiecolin

I'm easily pleased. However, if i had the choice of any drink it would be the following Wylam Brewery Beers (brewed in my village :D :D );

GTnewtn.jpg

(Newcastle Beer Festival Champion Beer 2001)

SummerMagictn.jpg

(Great, light summer session beer)

Turbiniatn.jpg

Followed by, the ubiquitous Deuchars IPA or Big Lamp's Prince Bishop
pb.gif
(Big Lamp are the North East's oldest micro-brewery)

If none of the above are available I'll settle for any other cask ale available, a Dog (Newcy Broon) or an LCL.
LCL_DRAUGHT.JPG
(World Bottled Lager Competition 1987 - Gold Medal , Brewing Industry International Awards - Draught Lager 1998 - Bronze Medal)

If i'm in dire straights (a student bar), I have been known to consume John Smiths/Worthys :oops: - but only as a last resort.

I have never been known to turn down any alcoholic beverage offered, although the rat's wee-wee that is Carling/Fosters should really be banned in all honesty.[/img]

louise0502

Not_Jus_An_Object said:
i drink anything that the other band members are willingto buy me.... really increases your knowledge of alcohol

Me too! Although i now feel guilty cos i owe a lot of people a drink (or two)

Andy_Euph

Can't believe i aint posted on this topic yet.

I am a lager/ale/smooth/alcopop/vodka/whiskey/any alcohol drinking guy

For proof ask anyone from uni... Dave_Euph remember carrying me along the main street the other week :D