Bones Apart want your questions!

What replacement instruments would you select if,for whatever reason,your own personally selected instruments were not available to you while on tour?

Bass Trumpet

Please let me know the next time you are performing in London, so that I can capture this momentus occasion for posterity. It will be something to tell the grandchildren in years to come :tongue:

In about 8 hours' time, but I don't think they'd let you in looking like that.;)

I have a sensible question Jayne! It also concerns instruments like the one above. A few years back, Bones Apart in their old line-up were endorsing Conn trombones. I was just wondering if these agreements are for a limited time or does it still stand? I ask as I know you play on a Bach and Helen often plays her King if the music needs a brighter sound. Did Conn say 'here are some free instruments, do what you like' or was the agreement binding for a certain time?

It's something I've often wondered. You often get these top banding personalities endorsing brand X, then a couple of years later they are endorsing a different instrument altogether. Are contacts actually drawn up or is there just a 'gentleman's agreement'.

simonium

If you look closely enough, there might be a couple of euph players lurking in the quartet, but they keep it quiet (don't they Jayne ;-))

Having heard trombone players play the euphonium and vice versa, in an ideal world never the twain shall meet, irrespective of the quality of the individual player.

James Yelland

I've got a proper question. When is the next CD due? Any chance that it might be one with some substantial pieces on it, like your excellent FourByFour album please? (I particularly liked Cold Tea, Toast and Marmalade).

Will the Sec

simonium said:
Having heard trombone players play the euphonium and vice versa, in an ideal world never the twain shall meet, irrespective of the quality of the individual player.

Obviously never heard JTM play, have you.

Proper questions - how do you decide which new pieces of music to perform? Have you had any pieces written specially for you?

Dave Payn

With all of you no doubt juggling other musical commitments, how often do you get together to rehearse?

Product tMP members are discussing