Blenheim Flourishes

bagpuss

Active Member
Heard this piece the other day for the first time in years and I'd forgotten how good it is!!!!

Anyone know if it's still in print and if so who I can get it from??

I want to persuade Mr. Thorne to get it for us even though the cornets will struggle!!!!! :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :wink:


Puss
 

Roger Thorne

Active Member
Just doubled checked it and it is Published by Banks & Son. Not that it really matters because I'm not buying it anyway.

:lol:
 

Big Twigge

Active Member
bagpuss said:
I want to persuade Mr. Thorne to get it for us even though the cornets will struggle!!!!! :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :wink:
Well you're not my friend anymore, us cornet types don't struggle, we just leave a little to the imagination at times.....keep you on your toes :evil:
 

flugelgal

Active Member
Oo the title of this post made me start singing it in my head. I know I'm not a member of your band but I hope that doesn't preclude me from posting in this thread :wink:

Can't you let them play it Roger? I love the flugel part - I'm sure Jo will love it toooooooo!

(Lots of flats - good for them!)

:D
 

bagpuss

Active Member
flugelgal said:
Can't you let them play it Roger? I love the flugel part - I'm sure Jo will love it toooooooo!

(Lots of flats - good for them!)

:D

Listen to her Roger she's right. You know you want to buy it really!!! I know what......BLACKMAIL!!!!! BUY IT OR I TELL EVERYONE ABOUT SOME OF THE DROSS YOU HAVE BEEN BUYING!!!!!!!!



Puss
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
bagpuss said:
Listen to her Roger she's right. You know you want to buy it really!!! I know what......BLACKMAIL!!!!! BUY IT OR I TELL EVERYONE ABOUT SOME OF THE DROSS YOU HAVE BEEN BUYING!!!!!!!!

Puss
You could always buy it yourself and donate it to the band - How could any MD refuse to play it then :?: :shock: :wink:
 

flugelgal

Active Member
Ooo I'm right! *prints off this thread and frames it for posterity*

PeterBale said:
You could always buy it yourself and donate it to the band
Good idea! Or buy it yourself and keep it and let the band play it.... :D
 

Roger Thorne

Active Member
bagpuss said:
BLACKMAIL!!!!! BUY IT OR I TELL EVERYONE ABOUT SOME OF THE DROSS YOU HAVE BEEN BUYING!!!!!!!!
It's only dross when you can't play it - so they say!! :lol:

In a PM received yesterday by Roger - bagpuss said:
Don't do the pontins piece though because I can't play it!!!!

Darren
:wink:
 

bagpuss

Active Member
Roger Thorne said:
bagpuss said:
BLACKMAIL!!!!! BUY IT OR I TELL EVERYONE ABOUT SOME OF THE DROSS YOU HAVE BEEN BUYING!!!!!!!!
It's only dross when you can't play it - so they say!! :lol:
I had absolutely no problem playing that damned Cliff Richard thing thanks very much and that is the biggest pile of poo since poo was invented!!! This could turn into another one of those 'Which pieces would we like to burn' threads.

flashbarry said:
Having fun
No. Not at all. What sort of composer puts loads of bars of 7/4 on percussion anyway??? Then what sort of composer puts a similar rhythm all the way through those bars and then changes one in the middle to confuse us???? Then what sort of composer decides that 7/4 isn't hard enough and throws a few other different ones in too???? A SADISTIC ONE!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

This Pontins piece might mean I have to practice and that will NEVER do!! Look on the bright side Roger.......at least it's not Barbarian Hoardes!!!!!!


:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Puss
 
Darren
You could always borrow our copy of Blenheim Flourishes if you wanted?! Then you could see if your front row could cope, from what I know of them I am sure they could!!
Is your MD not open to suggestions from his players?!! :?:

Sorry Rog, my spoon was waiting and ready to go!! :lol:

Happy discussions!!
James
 

bagpuss

Active Member
jimmythesaint said:
Is your MD not open to suggestions from his players?!! :?:

Sorry Rog, my spoon was waiting and ready to go!! :lol:
James
Ha ha ha ha ha :D :D :D :D :D :D

I await Rogers' answer with some degree of anticipation!!!!!!



B. Puss esq
 
Top