Bit of an odd question - Will someone employ me?

v_star

Hi everyone. This is a bit of a random request really, but as things go, I'm about at the end of my tether.

Does anyone in the Huddersfield area know of a place where a student could get some summer work please?

I'll do anything - within reason! I've got IT skills and have done customer service and such likes.

I've applied for 16 jobs in town, and they have turned me down because I am a student - infact Holland and Barret were so rude that i'm considering taking action against them. They annoyed me somewhat!

Please!

Thanks

fizzyduck

Have you tried contacting the university? Particularly the Student Office or the Student's Union. They're often looking for temporary staff to help out at degrees ceremonies, or stuff envelopes etc. It's often boring work but the pay's very reasonable. Hope that's of some help.

lynchie

glass collecting in night clubs got me through last summer... i recommend it to anyone. And if you can balance more than 30 glasses in one hand I will give you a prize... :wink:

Andy_Euph

Must say Vik, some naughty thoughts popped into my mind :twisted:

Seriously hope you can get sorted with a job, unlike a certain someone :roll:
:D

ploughboy

Try the local Brewers Fayre, The Aspley, there always looking for extra staff pver summer cos thet'll be busyier with kids off school!

markyboy

ploughboy said:
Try the local Brewers Fayre, The Aspley, there always looking for extra staff pver summer cos thet'll be busyier with kids off school!

I go to the Aspley through my job and the people there are very nice indeed. I'm sure there's a lot worse places to get a job!
Best of luck!!

v_star

ta for replying. I sent off 16 application forms, got two replies and am working at clarkes shoes, although its not very many hours. I tried the Aspley but they didn't get back to me. Shame cos i would have liked that.
Not to worry.

mikelyons

Supporting Member
lynchie said:
glass collecting in night clubs got me through last summer... i recommend it to anyone. And if you can balance more than 30 glasses in one hand I will give you a prize... :wink:
My record was 46. Unfortunately a woman ran into the bistro at that point and knocked me to the floor - with the glasses. I got fired the following day. :shock: :oops: :x