Bill Wood

Baldeagle

Obituary

It is my sad duty to inform you that Bill Wood, a banding stalwart who recently retired from Carlton Brass, passed away last Wednesday the 18th of June aged 64. Bill was a true all round bandsman that had the knack of playing any instrument that he was needed on. His musical career includes spells with the RAF Central Band, Ireland Colliery,Ibstock,Nottingham City Transport, Thorsby and Carlton Brass.

His funeral will be at Bramcote Crematorium on Friday July the 4th.

For further details about the funeral , please e mail me at –

rayward49@hotmail.com

Ray Ward
Band Pro
Carlton Brass Nottingham
www.carltonbrass.org.uk

Mark Bousie

I remember Bill from my time playing with Ibstock. He was a real gentleman,lived and breathed bands and could certainly whack it out from the back row! Its a bit of a cliche, but there aren't that many bandspeople like him around anymore. It was a privilege to have known him.

Mark

I too remember Bill from my days at Ibstock. He was a very generous character and went out of his way to make my brother and I very welcome when we first joined the band in about 1991.

He will be missed.

jackyboy

Bill.....

Sorry to hear of Bills death. Great bloke who always had tale to tell or wind up to be played. A solid bandsman who will be missed

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Ray

Please pass my sincere condolences to Bill's family at this sad time. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your banding friends and Bill's family at this time.

regards

John