BHk (UK) Ltd HORDEN BAND - Sept 2004 Students Welcome

Resurgam

BHK (UK) Ltd HORDEN BAND - National Champions 1st Section 2003

Welcomes any students coming to Durham or Sunderland in Septmeber 2004 and are looking to join an ambitious Championship Section Band. Lifts can be arranged - rehearsals are held in the Welfare Hall Horden on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 7-30pm to 9-45pm

If interested please contact Ray Hutchinson Band Manager on 0191-3882599, or E Mail RayBrenda@coryhutch.freeserve.co.uk or please contact the Band Secretary Anne Rice on 0191-5270129

Ray Hutchinson
Band Manager

Resurgam

STUDENTS WELCOME

The BHK Band welcome any students coming to Durham or Sunderland Universities in September for a rehearsal with the band. Transport can be arranged, if you are interested please ring either Ray Hutchinson 0191-3882599 or Anne Rice 0191-5270129.

Resurgam

Resurgam

Surely there must be some quality brass players among the students registering at Durham and Sunderland Universities in September interested in joining one of the leading Championship Section Band in the Northern Region.

If you think you are good enough then contact us without delay. :D

bigcol

When I was at Gateshead Brass I contacted the unis to see if there were any players looking for bands, was told that any new players tend to play for ER and Fishburn.

Horace

bigcol said:
When I was at Gateshead Brass I contacted the unis to see if there were any players looking for bands, was told that any new players tend to play for ER and Fishburn.

And who told you that exactly? I can think of at least 4 players off the top of my head from Durham Uni Band who play for Gateshead Brass! Only 3 play for Fishburn and 1 for Ever Ready, so Gateshead have more than us put together! :)

jambo

bigcol said:

Well, you shouldn't always believe what people tell you now, should you?!

Regardless of the norm (In Col's world) your initial posting is a bit of a negative one isn't it. Who cares if the Bands up the road might attract some players, where are they going to sit? Surely we're advertising on here as we have a vacancy to fill...do they?
We already have students in the band from Northumbria and Sunderland Uni, the world doesnt end at Durham you know.
If you stopped sniping and started working for your (beloved) bands in the area success might follow...but there again :?

bigcol

jambo said:
If you stopped sniping and started working for your (beloved) bands in the area success might follow...but there again :?

Well my quote was blown out of the water with the response that my old band GB gets more students from Durham than the mentioned bands. You can't whack a good statistic!

What's wrong with a bit of friendly banter anyway? It's fun to talk about bands up here - we don't get much of a go do we?

And I do support local bands - after 18 years playing (10 in the North East) I'm allowed a little quiet period. I do believe Mr. Mambo is doing the same and you are benefitting from his depping for you, no?

So it's not all bad if players decide to have a breather from being 100% committed to one band.

jambo

who ever said you wern't playing?

and yes, the assistance from our friend mambo is much appreciated. Long live Pepsi! :wink:

Horace

bigcol said:
Well my quote was blown out of the water with the response that my old band GB gets more students from Durham than the mentioned bands. You can't whack a good statistic!

I don't think it was blown out of the water at all mate, you make a snide comment about my band/ ER apparently 'poaching' all the student players when nothing could be further from the truth. I merely pointed out that your old band has more students than us combined, thus proving your comment wrong!

But like you say, nowt wrong with a bit of banter :D

Resurgam

Surely there must be students enrolling at Durham & Sunderland Universities in September who are anxious to continue there interest in Brass Bands whilst away from home.

A warm welcome will be extended to interested students :D :D :D

Resurgam

jambo

...and if they're really nice you'll even let students from Northumbria and Newcastle Uni join too eh?

I know you have too many from there but hey, the Toon is the place to...study I think is what they said...hic :guiness

geordiecolin

jambo said:
the Toon is the place to...study I think is what they said...hic :guiness

Yeah, I've got a degree in "Tuxedo Princess Studies", a masters in "Offshore" and not to mention my Phd in "How many cheap trebles can you drink in an hour in Raffertys?"!!

Resurgam

Of course they are jambo, my mistake :hammer . Students from Northumbria & Newcastle are most welcome. Lifts can also be arranged they only have to ring to make arrangements.

Resurgam :D :D :D

jambo

I guess we forgot to tell them about the 5 star trips away to Pontins and Butlins eh Ray. Coaches with toilets! and...free post contest beer courtesy of Mr Wallaces dawn raids.

Free lifts to band in the Horden jet piloted by our own solo euph plus all the BHK percs ;-)