BHK (UK) Ltd HORDEN BAND - NATIONAL CHAMPIONS -1st SECTION

Wonky_Baton

Ray

First off congratulations on a fabulous set of results over the last 12 months and its great to see Steve and Andy back playing.

As far as advertising for players there is no better way than getting your website up and running. Dunston attracted 10 new players this year from the web alone - none of your bands standard mind!! :)

All the success you have had deserves a better audience and i bet loads of bandspersons would love to know more about the band. I am sick of seeing the under construction page so please get it sorted!! :idea:

One thought though, your members page will be a nightmare for webmasters to keep up to date!! :wink:

Resurgam

Hi Wonky Baton,

Many thanks for your congratulations and constructive comments re our web site, I am indeed pleased to note that our exchanges are a lot more friendlier than they were in early 2003. :D :D

I can assure you I have been trying very hard to get the site up and running but my expertise is not in this field, sadly I was let down by a former band member and then at a late stage had to enlist the services of someone else. The guest book is now working at long last and as soon as I am able to sit down with the new webmaster and provide him with the information he requires we will have things up and running. Fingers crossed this should be sooner rather than later. :oops:

Regarding the changes in personnel, I think this a general problem in banding as players are moving about quite regularly, as you say you have brought in 10 players recently to Dunston. Nevertheless I am pleased to say we are just about there, if we can fill our two vacancies then we will be firing on all cylinders for the Area.

I don't know much about computers but I do know how to organise and run a band :bounce

Best wishes to you and Dunston for the Area.

Regards Ray Hutchinson (resurgam)

Wonky_Baton

I don't know much about computers but I do know how to organise and run a band

Thats certainly true Ray. I had some doubts at the beginning because I was a little worried there wasn't enough quality players in our area to fill your band and and also leave the smaller bands with quality too. However i was wrong the brass band world still revolves and the standard at the League as good as ever.

The top section will be better for having another genuine challanger against the top 3 of EYMS, ER and Fishburn. The band has made massive progress and it was good to see the social side has also not been neglected although it would have been nice if you all had drank somewhere else so i could get served at the bar. :wink: Only one more contest to worry about and then I can find a band where I dont get my first pint at 7'o clock. I had to drink with two hands to catch up!! Least Broughtons were second which was some consolation :lol:

ER have pushed one level up under Ray Farr and lets hope Horden and the rest can rise to it!! Good luck and hands off our timp player! :lol:

jambo

Resurgam said:
I don't know much about computers but I do know how to organise and run a band :bounce

Regards Ray Hutchinson (resurgam)

Too true. You're doing a great job Ray. Keep it up!