best Eb HORN solo EVER!!!!!!!!

beard_4b

BTW welcome the the 6th installment in the seies of the best EVER!!!!!!!

Next week we'll have the greatest solo EVER!!!! (even tho we all know its golden slippers!!!) :D

EbHorny

Without a doubt, it has to be, The piper o' dundee by (Kenneth Downie).

I think the only person that can play it, is Sheona!!

It's certainly the hardest solo! :evil:

I dunno I like that new horn concerto by martin elerby , the git dosent write in any key signatures, its just accidentals all over the place but its really good - a personal fav.

beard_4b

EbHorny said:
Without a doubt, it has to be, The piper o' dundee by (Kenneth Downie).

I think the only person that can play it, is Sheona!!
I dunno about that! I dont think Mike would have too many problems with it. The SA have virtuoso horn players aplenty!!

Aidan

No horn player matches owen. He's the only person who can bring the Ellerby off (as Ellerby himself said) which is the hardest tenor horn piece there is out there... but my personal favourite is Masquerade by Phil Sparke

asteria

The slow movement from the Ellerby Horn Concerto is a top slow piece, it's lush!

Piper O' Dundee is fab, altho it's not the hardest piece i've ever come across (try the rest of the Ellerby! :shock: ).

Also worth a mention - Lark in the Clear Air (always a classic) and Allegro from the Mendelsohn violin concerto, very hard to get all the notes in the right place and still sound classy.

And Goodbye to Love, the long unpublished version, my current favourite. It's got the complete guitar riff written in the middle, sounds quality when it's played right! :D

asteria

Nadia said:
No horn player matches owen. He's the only person who can bring the Ellerby off (as Ellerby himself said) which is the hardest tenor horn piece there is out there... but my personal favourite is Masquerade by Phil Sparke

Ooh, knew i'd forgotten one, which is a bit stupid seen as i only photocopied the thing half an hour ago!!

And as for Owen playing the Ellerby, phenomenal doesn't even come close to describing it!!

EbHorny

The Allegro is fantastic, but very hard, Rushworth made a good job of it on his CD.

Theres another slow melody solo, called Welsh Dances or something like that. It's quite good too.

Darth_Tuba

Helen V said:
And Goodbye to Love, the long unpublished version, my current favourite. It's got the complete guitar riff written in the middle, sounds quality when it's played right! :D

Did an extended version with Owen playing on a Faireys CD last November and it was fab! Still isn't out though. Polyphonic appear to be dragging their feet over it :evil:

asteria

EbHorny said:
Theres another slow melody solo, called Welsh Dances or something like that. It's quite good too.
Not sure if you mean Variations on a Welsh Theme? The slow bit in that is quite nice, but it's one of those pieces that's been done to death!

Darth_Tuba said:
Did an extended version with Owen playing on a Faireys CD last November and it was fab! Still isn't out though. Polyphonic appear to be dragging their feet over it :evil:
Aye i know, i've been waiting for ages to hear it! As far as i know there aren't any existing recordings of the extended version yet, hope they hurry up! :roll: