BEST BARITONE PLAYER

mr jinx

I would like to nominate two players. I had great pleasure in attending the masters for the first time and noted that carlton main frickley had a great sounding baritone section. They might not be so called superstars but there was chemistry between them and this was apparent to all who took the time to study individual parts.

They weren't too bad in the looks department either!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s feel free to pm me anytime boys.

mr jinx said:
I noted that carlton main frickley had a great sounding baritone section.

I have to say they are forming an excellent partnership and if they stick together it could end up being quite formidable over the next 10 years. You can tell a lot about the quality of a band from the less obvious solo chairs like principal cornet, sop, solo euph etc. The other seats have to have quality players on them too, and Nick and Lee are two of the best I've heard.

leebarrie

sober_phil said:
mr jinx said:
I noted that carlton main frickley had a great sounding baritone section.

I have to say they are forming an excellent partnership and if they stick together it could end up being quite formidable over the next 10 years. You can tell a lot about the quality of a band from the less obvious solo chairs like principal cornet, sop, solo euph etc. The other seats have to have quality players on them too, and Nick and Lee are two of the best I've heard.

Cheers phil, I'll buy you that pint after the summer break.Gunniness is it?
As for Nick,he's a quality player on gods instrument ,and generally not a bad youth.Allthough he does suffer from bad wind,unlike my wind which smells of rose petals!!.

youngman

Best bari section....

It has to be Bert and Roy at Blidworth
Bert has the quality.....
Roy has the van ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mwahahahahahh !

jim

Caz from Flowers is a superb player and a good laugh to! my vote goes fo Susan Thomas of Cory hugely experience and still one of the best around also Gerant Chamberlain of Tredegar a huge sound and superb staminer.

flashbarry said:
Here are three excellent baritone players: Helen Tyler at Fodens, Carole Crompton at Sellers and Steven Booth of Faireys!!

:lol:

Helen Tyler is a brilliant baritone player. Also as he said Steven Booth is great. :lol:

WelshEuphNatty

Best Bari Player

jim said:
Caz from Flowers is a superb player and a good laugh to! my vote goes fo Susan Thomas of Cory hugely experience and still one of the best around also Gerant Chamberlain of Tredegar a huge sound and superb staminer.

I have to agree with the comment about Geraint - here here!!
(creep creep)

Fellow 1st Bari player NYBBW 1991, 1992

Nat

WelshEuphNatty

Baritones

Kaye Root, Solo Bari from Ratby - yes I may be biased as I play there but she has one of the loveliest Bari sounds I have heard.

deave

Re: Baritones

WelshEuphNatty said:
Kaye Root, Solo Bari from Ratby - yes I may be biased as I play there but she has one of the loveliest Bari sounds I have heard.

kaye root is awesome !!!!

Product tMP members are discussing