BEST BARITONE PLAYER

Re: Best Baritone

Hot Lips said:
Has got to be Mr Harris of Frickley fame!

Playing the baritone? Wos that all about?

I agree there my uncle (BARMY) Nick Harris!! U go uncle!

Hey dont forget me i play baritone!!

flashbarry

Here are three excellent baritone players: Helen Tyler at Fodens, Carole Crompton at Sellers and Steven Booth of Faireys!!

:lol:

GrahamF

I have had the pleasure of sitting beside Robert Richardson and Katrina Marzella and they are both great players but for me Katrina just edges it

Bob Blackburn and Peter Christian are fantastic as well

strongbow

Bluebird said:
I think that new bloke that they have at Leyland. Have heard that he is one to watch out for

:lol: Will agree with this one seeing as he his my other half, Jeff Lewis!

critic

BOB BLACKBURN FOR ALL ROUND ABILITY AND2ND BARITONE STEVE HOPWOOD HEPWORTH FOR CONSISTENCY .ALL BARITONE PLAYERS ARE HEROES.

deave

flashbarry said:
Here are three excellent baritone players: Helen Tyler at Fodens, Carole Crompton at Sellers and Steven Booth of Faireys!!

:lol:

Carole Cromo is wicked yeh!! Doin loads to promote the baritone-horn in Bb too........tough job :p !!

Drew

I was very surprised to see that Steven Booth wasn't mentioned earlier!! He gets my vote.

The one for the future is Steven Williams currently at Pennine !!

Smiffy

Haven't heard "in the flesh" the likes of Bob Blackburn and Stephen Booth but hey look like excellent pedigrees!

Carole Crompton I have to vote for....she played for our band way before I joined ...and I've heard a few cassette recordings she did for us then....glad she is back on the scene and appears to be in fine form lately.

One baritone I have heard a few times in the last few years and makes me want to thow mine in the nearest hedge is Carolyn Chandler at Flowers....seems excellent to me.

The other names mentioned I have heard of but,as usual, Baritones tend to get noted for when they obviously "cock it up...but no praise for the great players...unsung heroes?<G>....I would think they are in the premier league.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case I'm out of a job<GG>

cheers

drummerboy

I'll also put in a vote for Mike ^. A quality player and bloke if ever there was one. :wink: (Hope I'm getting paid for this mate!)

Smiffy

drummerboy said:
I'll also put in a vote for Mike ^. A quality player and bloke if ever there was one. :wink: (Hope I'm getting paid for this mate!)

Thanks Tom...but I'm afraid your vote is a far too obvious request for cash! :wink:
As a Treasurer you should know I'm not that free with the cash...especially the band's! :)

cheers

noddy

Drew said:
I was very surprised to see that Steven Booth wasn't mentioned earlier!! He gets my vote.

The one for the future is Steven Williams currently at Pennine !!

Steven Booth is excellent. Nice sound :)

drummerboy

Smiffy said:
Thanks Tom...but I'm afraid your vote is a far too obvious request for cash! :wink:
As a Treasurer you should know I'm not that free with the cash...especially the band's! :)

Well, in that case, I might have to withdraw my vote... :p

Product tMP members are discussing