Beer Festival Olympia 7th August 2004

DublinBass

Supporting Member
I was looking online at the festival website and they had a nice little blurb about free beer

"Don't miss out on FREE beer!

There will be a number of free beer vouchers for you to collect in the run up to the Great British Beer Festival for beers including Marston's Burton Bitter, Fuller's London Pride, Carlsberg Tetley's Imperial and Cask Ale. Look out for free beer vouchers in the Evening Standard and The Guardian Guide throughout the festival."

http://www.camra.org.uk/SHWebClass.ASP?WCI=ShowDoc&DocID=2113

I hope all in the Fulham Band are saving the Standard and Guardian Guides.

(& I hope that hour break between sets is not a really band idea :wink: )

DublinBass

Supporting Member
We had the pleasant opportunity to deputise with the Fulham Brass Band for the Breat British Beer Festival. What a great group of people. Very friendly and welcoming to visitors. Thanks again Paul, Will, Dave, etc... for having us sit in!! :D

BBCbariUSA said:
We had the pleasant opportunity to deputise with the Fulham Brass Band for the Breat British Beer Festival. What a great group of people. Very friendly and welcoming to visitors. Thanks again Paul, Will, Dave, etc... for having us sit in!! :D

Pleasure to have you and the missus along Pat. Thanks for your help. What train did you eventually get? :lol:

Will the Sec

Paul McLaughlin said:
Will the Sec said:
And did anyone have bad experiences with escalators this year?

:hammer
Remember the first rule of comedy William! :evil:

For the benefit of non Fulhamites.

Who gets so drunk at his first beer festival that he slips on the escalator when going down to the tube, and is so drunk that he can't get up, Cueing the traditional cartoon comedy scene of someone getting their head repeatedly whacked - in this case by an escalator step :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

The first rule of comedy? Easy. Don't get too drunk if you don't want to be the butt of a tale to told every year when the beer festival is the topic... ... ... ...