Beer drinkers

iggmeister

Member
Maybe I'm just sceptical but wont this just mean more profit for the pubs? Can't see them lowering their prices. Certainly wont be the full discount they have recovered.

I went to one of my locals the other day and Carlsberg Export used to be £2:35 a pint. Within the space of a month this had gone up to £2:75! Thats a higher rate of increase than house prices!

I embarrasingly handed over a fiver for 2 pints only to see the barman looking for an extra 50p. :oops:

Not keen on drinking there any more.

Igg
 

drummerboy

Member
iggmeister said:
I went to one of my locals the other day and Carlsberg Export used to be £2:35 a pint. Within the space of a month this had gone up to £2:75!
£2.75 a pint?!? Where are you drinking? Buckingham Palace's bar?!? :p
 

six pints

Active Member
long live collingwood college bar- £1.30 carlsberg, £1.50 stella and brown ale, £1.50 for alcopop sugary shit, and all this 10m from my bed! :D :guiness
 

WoodenFlugel

Moderator
Staff member
drummerboy said:
iggmeister said:
I went to one of my locals the other day and Carlsberg Export used to be £2:35 a pint. Within the space of a month this had gone up to £2:75!
£2.75 a pint?!? Where are you drinking? Buckingham Palace's bar?!? :p
The most expensive pint I've ever bought was when I went out with a mate who works near Canary Warf - £3:20 a pint - Ouch! There were about 15 of us alltogether - I had to extend my overdraft before I bought a round :cry: :evil:
 

bassinthebathroom

Active Member
iggmeister said:
Maybe I'm just sceptical but wont this just mean more profit for the pubs? Can't see them lowering their prices. Certainly wont be the full discount they have recovered.

I went to one of my locals the other day and Carlsberg Export used to be £2:35 a pint. Within the space of a month this had gone up to £2:75! Thats a higher rate of increase than house prices!

I embarrasingly handed over a fiver for 2 pints only to see the barman looking for an extra 50p. :oops:

Not keen on drinking there any more.

Igg
Well of course, the prices go up by a minimum of 50p in Cornwall at the start of the tourist season! :lol:
 

Dave Euph

Member
My flatmate apparantly pays over £3 a pint at home in Bournemouth. But still, £2.75 is shocking. I complain when I go home and have to pay over £2 a pint! But with uni pub prices! :lol:
 

bassinthebathroom

Active Member
Okiedokie of Oz said:
The local Band Hall is where I do most my drinkin'!! Beer is $2 and Bourbon and Coke is $3. Soft drinks are $1.
Of course the value of an Australian Dollar means not a lot to most of us! :oops:
At my band club at home (where I worked) Bitter was between £1.30 and 1.60 a pint and lager was between £1.65 and £1.95 (for fizzy pap like Kronenbourg - yes I know it's probably spelt wrong, but I don't much care), while a Vodka/Bacardi/Gin/whatever and Lemonade/Coke/Soda was in the region of £1.35! Bargain! Soft drinks were between 53 and 60p per half pint. :p
 

Andy_Euph

Active Member
Dawnys_flug said:
Oh no, this means i might be able to afford my round when going to the pub with band! :shock: :p
Golden rule when your drinking in rounds, make sure everyone buys them first, then by the time it comes to you, they'll be too pissed and you can argue you've already bought a round :D
 

ploughboy

Active Member
six pints said:
long live collingwood college bar- £1.30 carlsberg, £1.50 stella and brown ale, £1.50 for alcopop sugary *beep*, and all this 10m from my bed! :D :guiness
10 Meters from your bed wow :shock: :shock:

Can i come and live with you :) please :terrier
 

Andy_Euph

Active Member
six pints said:
long live collingwood college bar- £1.30 carlsberg, £1.50 stella and brown ale, £1.50 for alcopop sugary *beep*, and all this 10m from my bed! :D :guiness
What!!! 10m!!!! Oh i don't want to crawl that far :D

Get some of them crappy little kegs of wifebeater and put it on your bedside table... eyyy :tup
 

neiltwist

Active Member
10m from the area? then another 10 or so when you get to the basement? when i was at trevs I was only 5 metres from the bar, not the bar area, was quite a good spec to live
 

six pints

Active Member
neiltwist said:
10m from the area? then another 10 or so when you get to the basement? when i was at trevs I was only 5 metres from the bar, not the bar area, was quite a good spec to live
i mean 10m from the area, i go through the fire exits so no stairs! i cant cope with trevs, too many walls!
 

lynchie

Active Member
I have a bottle of cheap vodka within arms reach of my bed... just for those mornings when I really can't be bothered...
 

neiltwist

Active Member
the problem with trevs is if you get lost, you could be anywhere within a half mile radius on the grounds!

as for alcohol next to the bed, I have: an empty bottle of wine, a full bottle of wine (almost), a wine glass, a 70cl bottle of orange bacardi breezer, a 70cl bottle of blue wicked, a 70cl bottle of smirnoff ice (all three in various stages of drinkedness), between 15 and 20 empty beer bottles, and an empty bottle of calvados (fine apple brandy) :-S
 
Top