Sold/Expired BASS TRUMPET WANTED!!!

JonP

If anyone has a bass trumpet for sale please let me know. If you know where there is one please let me know.

Im looking for either a cheap piston valve Getzen or conn or a German Rotary valve instrument like a Melton, Meinl Weston, Alexander or anything like that.

Thanks. :D :shock: :shock:

MoominDave

Hello Mr Pippen - not sure if you remember me - I was the Bass Trom at the NYBB with the battered Bach with the patch on the bell?

By the by, I think I spoke to someone of your acquaintance the other day - Rhydian Griffiths?

Anyway, I thought I'd also register my desire to purchase a Bass Trumpet - only a cheap one though; it's hardly urgent.

Dave

Accidental

Supporting Member
I'm not sure how much help this is going to be :?

One of the trade stands at Leicester contest last w/end had a bass trumpet, but I can't remember who they were!! It may be worth getting names etc from the contest orgfanisers though - Pam Green, 01530 810221; email: gelizabethr@hotmail.com

FWIW, I had to play the bass trumpet part in Rite of spring a few years ago, and endied up transposing it and playing on a valve trombone because we couldn't get hold of one - it worked pretty well.

Good luck!!

Not sure if you've sorted anything out but if not there's a bass trumpet on ebay at the moment. Has about 2 days left. It's in america, Item number: 2371285284.
Not sure if it's what you're after but it's pretty cheap!! which is always nice!! And coz they're quite hard to come by I thought it was worth letting you know, just incase you haven't already found one!!
Hope this helps! :)