Bass trombone!

What do you play?

• Total voters

Toby

There's always the american bass trombonists theory that, he who blows loudest is always right! :twisted:

Surely the fault with tuning lies elsewhere?

Toby Bannan

BoozyBTrom

Toby said:
There's always the american bass trombonists theory that, he who blows loudest is always right! :twisted:

Surely the fault with tuning lies elsewhere?

Toby Bannan

Too Right big lad. Hows it going at Dinnington?

Gaz Beck

Thanks for your warm welcome to the forum Neil, very much appreciated. Cool forum, only found it the other day - impressed.

Gareth - I don't understand what that other person meant by a "CHAINSAW"??? Maybe you could explain that one to me? :D

Toby - Hows it going matey - you working hard??? :D

Keep up the good work chaps.

Bye for now GB :twisted:

HBB

BoozyBTrom said:
homocidalbennyboy said:
Can we make that less specific ....
lets say that All Bass Trombone players! not just the rasping ones! :D

Your not far from a Virtual Slap :D :D

jesse4.gif

----------------------------------------¬
----------------------------------------¬
YOU HAVE BEEN CYBER-BITTEN---¬
------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------
Have a nice day! :D

Okay ....... so it isn't a slap ... but pretty funny! :D

HBB

Gaz Beck said:
Thanks for your warm welcome to the forum Neil, very much appreciated. Cool forum, only found it the other day - impressed.

John'll be pleased!!

Gaz Beck said:

Gareth - I don't understand what that other person meant by a "CHAINSAW"??? Maybe you could explain that one to me? :D

Erm .................... we're saying that [Bass] Trombones are basically chainsaws but with a little vibrato.

BoozyBTrom

Gaz Beck said:

You did the durham miners gala last year didnt you mate. just think back to how we all sounded after a full day boozing in the prison officers club. Then you wont be far off.

TTFN

Aidan

ello gaz you little fp..
just what we need.. another boc on the forum
see you back in prison nxt wk

Gaz Beck

Alright Aiden? Hows your hols been you FP??? I'm bored now but still not relishing the prospect of the assylum next week!!!!!!! Only jokin, will be good to get back and have a few sherberts!!!!

Gareth - you know me better than that! The "chainsaw" thing was taking the mick!!! Wake up lad! :D

TTFN - GB :twisted:

loving the new picture Aidan lad!!! Very classy, a bird killin a baby!!!

Im quite lookin forward to gettin back to the office actually Gaz, mind you I seem to do less there than durin the hols!!

just so this post has some relevance to the topic, I like the bass trombone :) lol

later lad, oh and behave yourself in New Zeland you dog, lookin forward to hearin all the goss off you

Aidan

its an eagle killin roy newsome to be more precise... ;)
got back yesterday... well jatlagged to buggery.. but was well good, dont worry.. il dish the dirt nxt wk ;)
bbo.. laters fp's

Colin

I can but choose not to!
Bass trombone is fun but makes me dizzy.
:hammer
Still you can have too much of a good thing.

MoominDave

Isn't that the definition of a gentleman?

Dave (new and hopefully proud owner of a Miraphone BBb/FF Contrabass Trombone)

BoozyBTrom

Gaz Beck said:
Gareth - you know me better than that! The "chainsaw" thing was taking the mick!!! Wake up lad! :D

TTFN - GB :twisted:

Dear me mate. oh dear oh dear oh dear. Think i was taking the mick there too. Your brains even slower than i remember. Come on wakey wakey :wink: :wink: :wink:

Colin

MoominDave said:
Dave (new and hopefully proud owner of a Miraphone BBb/FF Contrabass Trombone)

Will that be the full trombone set then Dave? My wife wouldn't let me.

MoominDave

Will that be the full trombone set then Dave? My wife wouldn't let me.

I'm not surprised. She seemed a sensible sort when we were (briefly) introduced.

See the new beast at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2524576509&category=16216

I'm rather pleased with the price tag of £2250 - I watched an identical instrument go for about £1000 more than that last year.

So, Alto, Tenor, Bass, G Bass, Contra. I think I need a Soprano now. Maybe after I've practised this one up! You can pick one up for £160 at John Packer's in Taunton.

Dave