Bass Trombone Solos

BassTromBeast

Not that I'm searching for any kind of personal glory (even though I am a trombone player!) but I just want to find some decent solos for bass trombone. By that I mean stuff that takes more skill to play rather than a demostration of raspberry noises. Anyone know of any such solos? If so, list them on here and then all those other non-glory seeking bass trombone players can look too. :)

Hi there,

Simon Kerwin (my husband) has arranged Allegro and Finale by Eugene Bozza for bass trom and brass band.

For more details contact: www.staveslimited.com. Alternatively, send me a personal message.

Good luck,

Alex

PeterBale

Staff member

Lothianh

PeterBale said:
The cd "Proclamation", that Doug Yeo recorded a few years back with Black Dyke includes some good numbers, including the title track, by Gordon Langford, and a Rhapsody by Stephen Bulla.
Linda Yeo (his daughter) is the bass trombonist with the Prairie Brass Band and performed "Rainy Day in Rio" from the Proclamation CD with us in a couple of concerts last year. It was a very enjoyable number and was very well received by the audience.

We are also currently preparing to feature Linda on another tune, "Mr. Nice Guy", at our upcoming concerts.

-Lothian

neiltwist

Janet Watkins said:
How about Introduction and Burlesque by Robert Eaves aka Edward Gregson!

Published by R Smith.

Janet
a classic!

but not the hardest of pieces though.

Moy

Kerwintootle said:
Hi there,

Simon Kerwin (my husband) has arranged Allegro and Finale by Eugene Bozza for bass trom and brass band.
Hi Alex - hope you are both well...been into the site. Tell Simon he needs to do some horn solos...................please.
Really enjoyed the concert in Aboyne - Deeside.

lynchie

i did hear a really good bass trombone solo once but i can't remember the name. It was variations on an old sailing song - captain pugwash or something probably, but it was really good, and very technical. Silly things like 3 octave leaps all over the place. The guy that was playing it was bass trom for the european youth orchestra so he was a bit good!

Maestro

beard_4b said:
don't even think about golden slippers!!!!!!!! :wink:

Exactly!!! you will need something that will challenge you a little at least :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

PeterBale

Staff member
lynchie said:
i did hear a really good bass trombone solo once but i can't remember the name. It was variations on an old sailing song - captain pugwash or something probably, but it was really good, and very technical. Silly things like 3 octave leaps all over the place. The guy that was playing it was bass trom for the european youth orchestra so he was a bit good!
Was it Barnacle Bill, the Sailor?

At the mo I am working on Proclomation.

Looks easy enough at first look, but there is more to it that meets the eye.

One day, (when it is up to standard) I may even play it with the band...... maybe! :twisted:

lynchie

PeterBale said:
lynchie said:
Was it Barnacle Bill, the Sailor?
could have been... think it was actually. I looked at the solo part for about 5 minutes before i started to feel dizzy!