Bass/Trombone/Conductor, North East England,Champ

bigcol

Colin Harris - colin@vauxhall-senator.com

Bass player (Eb or BBb) and Bass Trombone to championship section standard.

Able to play tenor trombone to a lower standard (2nd/3rd/4th section).

Also experienced conductor (any level).

Not currently with any band - previously Five Rivers Brass, Gateshead Brass. Will therefore probably need instrument :)

Willing to travel anywhere in the North East - have car but expenses nice if outside the Tyne & Wear area.

StickItch1701

I heard that you were a good Bb bass player,but who have you played Bass Tombone for up to Championship Standard :?

It's a bit different to the Bb Bass and you need to have a good Bass Trombone sound!!! :D

bigcol

I've done all three to Championship section level - I'm best at Eb bass, and BBb and Bass Trombone are a step either side. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have put it (or advertised a lower level of competence, like the tenor trombone slot). Playing Bass Chainsaw does require a good sound - and the ability to use a slide. Something else you don't get to do on a BBb bass.

Anyway - who upset you? :lol:

StickItch1701

Nobobys upset me. 8)

You've still not answered by question! Who have you played Bass Trombone for at Championship Level???

I may be a Secretary looking for a player and obvioulsy I need to know who you've played for because there are folk out there that will just say that they can play G Trom upto Championship level?

bigcol

The last time I played BT in the top section was for Greggs Bakery a few years back. I've played for various other as well both up here and in Manchester. I also studied the beast succesfully at university (along with tuba).

I didn't know that by posting a message on this thing, you had to go through an interogation. I thought it was just somewhere where you could offer in the best of spirits to help out any bands who maybe short.

bigcol

dave jake said:
You tell him Colin he he :lol: :lol:

Will do, Dave. And here's me being nice! I was good enough to dep for you and there's no bigger shoes to fill than yours Dave.

bigcol

Just thought I'd update my post:

Bass player (Eb or BBb) and Bass Trombone to championship section standard.

Able to play tenor trombone to a lower standard (2nd/3rd/4th section).

Also experienced conductor (any level).

Currently MD - Five Rivers Brass.

Willing to travel anywhere in the North East - have car but expenses nice if outside the Tyne & Wear area.

Email: colin@vauxhall-senator.com
MSN: a_bigcol@hotmail.com