Bass Section Features

Lothianh

I'm looking for possible bass section features with band. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Lothian

Straightmute

Try 'Basses on the Beat'. Based on music by Sullivan, it's available from Dragon Music Publishing.

Best wishes

D

Toby

Tyrolean Tubas. Haven't a clue who wrote it (or how to spell it), but it's good fun and goes down well.

PeterBale

Staff member
WorldofBrass.com said:
I've seen a piece called 'Them Basses' but must confess to not having heard it.
I'm pretty sure it's one of the American circus marches that features the bass section - might be Filmore, but I'm not certain.

bruceg

And a very nice wee quartet section it is too, having been one of the basses playing it at a contest last Autumn :)

tubagod

hi there

i know that Frode Rydland from Eikanger-Bjørsvik in Norway has arranged "Breakin up is hard to do" for Four Basses and Band pretty fun if your principal tuba can play those top C´s the melody start on....

Brian Kelly

I haven't heard it, but Tim Paton has written a bass feature called "Slavonic Basses". Available from TP Music.

There's a good arrangement of 'There's nothing like a Dame'. Good fun for the audience - especially if you do as our bass section did and dress in drag!

iggmeister

Stephen Roberts has arranged 'Tiptoe through the Tulips' as a bass quartet. High first Eb bass part and the ist Bb has an option to dress in drag.

Not heard it or played it (yet!) but he normally does good arrangements. Will imagine it will be quite hard though.

Igg